“Just what I needed” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Atlanta, Georgia
“Just what I needed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I *desperately* needed hot wings and a beer after walking the length of Fifth Ave. This place is near my hotel so I took a chance. Cool air conditioning, the wings were great, and football was on the widescreens. People were cool. Nice place.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“Nice place good wings and great for locals too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

They have great selection of wings and beers of course. As a local I really like their specials, two days a week they offer some of the national and international beers for half price which is a very good one for the location.

It is a great choice for a night out with some fast food good and cheap beer and good vibe.

I know on Thursdays some of the beer are half price, so dont miss it!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Wings Army-that it is”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Wings army is a nice addition to Playa and located right beside Sushi Ken. They have good specials on Tuesday and Wednesday. There is a large selection of flavours for your wings from sweet to hot to different. Although the wings are not large 20 wings with fries feeds two easily. They also have a large selection of beer-one of the largest I've seen. The wait staff were great, friendly, helpful and attentive. They also helped us practise our Spanish. I would definitely return to Wings Army for a second meal.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Service & quality of food has declined!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I visited Wings Army in February for lunch. The wings & jalapeno cheese sticks were fabulous and the beer cold. We returned in May with 5 friends after bragging to them how wonderful it was. It was not.

The cheese sticks were cold, the wings soggy and not tossed with the same sauces we had ordered (i.e. their ‘medium sauce’ is now simply straight Franks), drink orders had to be repeated several times and one order was not placed until the rest of us had finished our meals. They did offer to comp the rib order but by then it was too late.

Our waiter was extremely rude and service very slow, even though there was only one other table there when we arrived. The other table left shortly after we arrived and the waiter threw a temper tantrum when he saw how small his tip was. We had intended to leave him a larger than usual tip because felt bad about this until we realized how poor his service actually was and the small tip he was left was deserved.

It’s really too bad that the service and quality of this restaurant has gone down so much, there are several of us who travel to Playa del Carmen a few times a year and we are all wing lovers who stay in the general area of Wings Army, with better service we would certainly be regulars but I suspect we will be taking our business elsewhere.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City, Missouri
“Terrible food and service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Waiter was slow and unfriendly. We were the only ones in the place, watched my food come to the window, get sent back and placed under a warming lamp for the next 20 minutes while they prepared my wife's food. They added some fresh sauce to the top to try to hide the sogginess of the wings. I told the waiter they were cold and soggy, he insisted they were fresh. His story changed once we explained we could see them sitting in the back the whole time. He took the wings off our bill, but nothing else, including the fee for ranch that went with the wings we sent back.

Aside from that it was easily 85 degrees in the place with no fan. Bottom line, unless you have free time, money to spend on cold food, avoid the place.

• Visited April 2013