“The place to go if you're planning to dive in Playa” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: We are your one stop shop for all your scuba diving and snorkeling needs. No matter if you are just looking at beginning your adventures into Scuba Diving or you are an experienced diver, we have something for you. We offer a wide range of services, courses, dive travel, equipment, and rentals. With 20 years of experience providing scuba training, equipment, and customer care, we offer you the highest quality and experienced instructors around. We even have our own course director and a specialty instructor trainer on site. Dive Life is a family run business and offer honest and personalized service. Our business has been built on the quality of our service, the professionalism and experience of our staff, the quality of the equipment we sell and the basic principle of keeping our customers happy and our divers diving.
Mexico City, Mexico
“The place to go if you're planning to dive in Playa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Thess guys know the most interesting diving sites (Cozumel, Playa, Cenotes...the list goes on). The attention and service is always present and at the end, you will be diving with great buddies rather than the typical local divemaster. Although Frank is the one running the show the entire crue is excellent. A must if you're planning to dive in Playa.

Visited November 2013

Aarhus, Denmark
“Friendly and great Diveshop!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I did two reef dives with DiveLife. I had allready dived the Cenotes when I stayed in Tulum, so I was looking for a different dive. DiveLife was very helpfull, they went through all the divesites and they suggested that we did a dive hunting lionfish- just to try something new! It was great eventhough we did not see that many lionfish.
I would strongly recommend Divelife because they are so friendly, professional and most of all engaged to make you dives a great experience. As a bonus they have VERY fair prices!

Ottawa, Canada
“Willing to do anything to share their passion for diving with you”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

DiveLife in Playa has to be the best dive shop in the Mayan Riviera. They took me in on short notice when another dive shop cancelled my reservation (bad ocean conditions) and instead took me to a cenote (local limestone sink-hole – a one-of-a-kind experience) for my referral dives 1 and 2 – in the dive master’s wife’s car, for one-on-one instruction. For dives 3 and 4, another dive master took me on a boat dive the next day, even though he was supposed to join another group in Cozumel – again, one-on-one instruction. One of only a few 5-star dive shops in town, these guys price themselves to be ultra-competitive. There’s no red carpet here, just a group of well-traveled dive enthusiasts who will stop at nothing to make sure you love their passion too. If you don’t want a free latte, but you do want an exceptional dive experience with uber qualified, passionate professionals, look no further than DiveLife. 6 Stars.

Denver, Colorado
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Just got back from a week in PDC, where we turned a vacation into a diving vacation. Originally had planned on just doing 5 dives to complete our AOW certification, however we enjoyed diving with Francisco and Carlos so much that we added an extra day and did two more dives. We did 3 cenote dives, which was a lot of fun since we had not done those before, and 4 ocean dives.

Francisco made it so easy to complete our certification, any questions we had, he made sure to answer them, even questions unrelated to diving (they can suggest food options that save you money!). It was honestly a breeze, so much that I wish I could have done my rescue certification while there, but just did not have the time.

Also as a side note, I did quite a bit of research on all the dive shops in PDC area, I emailed all of them that are listed on the PADI site, and I can also tell you, DiveLife is the best priced dive shop in the area.

I can say without a doubt that when we return to Mexico, we will make sure to find one of his current shops and go for a dive or two!

Copenhagen, Denmark
3 attraction reviews
“Thanks Francisco & Carlos for an incredible and very personal diving experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I've dived many places around the world, including Zanzibar, Aliwal Shoal in South Africa, Pulau Weh in Indinesia, and Taganga in Colombia - but nothing compares to this place!
Riviera Maya is in my opinion by far the most amazing place to go diving. You have the cenotes (caverns), bull shark & whale shark seasons, the Cozumel reefs, and (my favorite) lion fish hunting - there is always new stuff to experience!

BUT!! - this is not the main reason that this has been my best diving experience ever... Francisco runs a very professional yet personal and intimate diving center, where he personalize the excursions and tailors everything to your needs. It is completely the opposite of the commercialized big diving operations that you find scattered around in Playa del Carmen. This is what really counts when going diving - having fun!! Instead of just having some guy strap a tank to your back and push you into the waters.

There had been some miscommunications between my brother and Francisco, so Francisco thought we would arrive one day earlier - but even with this hickup, Francisco and Carlos (Fransisco's sidekick) arranged for a two day fast track PADI OWD course for my younger brother, because we only had a very short stay in Playa del Carmen. It was carried out super professionally and my brother even got to practice his skills in the cenotes together with Carlos (the shallow parts with natural light obviously!), while I explored the caverns with Francisco.

First day ended with the two guys taking me and my brother to the best ceviche place on the Riviera Maya, on the outskirts of Tulum, to have a late lunch. We had and awesome time with these two energetic guys that just loves to dive!
Next day I went lion fish hunting together with Francisco, where we caught two bastards each. Together with Carlos we fetched all the ingredients to make our own lion fish ceviche (+ a few beers). Amazing to hang out with these locals and do stuff that you would never do with the commercial operators - Thank you so much to both of you for showing us such a great time!

(It should be noted that this is my first ever review on Tripadvisor - Francisco and his sidekick Carlos deserves it!)