“Worth seeking out for excellent pasta and salads” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Wisconsin
“Worth seeking out for excellent pasta and salads”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The colors are what first attracted us: cream and violet, something different, something soothing. The creative menu and the warmth of the staff kept us. And the food will bring us back. The owners explained that they "escaped" from Italy (Sicily and Puglia), and I hope that diners find them, they are creating some fine dishes. The lounge salad was sooo delicious: avocado slices, romaine, corn, carrot, and goat cheese with a honey dressing. We also enjoyed the penne with gorgonzola and pecans. Everything fast and fresh and definitely tastier (and cheaper) than the always-packed 5th avenue Italian restaurants. Good Italian wines too.

• Visited March 2013

94% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“VIOLET CAFé in Playa del Carmen..FABULOUS!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I read about Violet Café in Playa del Carmen and I definetely recommend to all people looking for nice cocktails, delicious cooking and amazing atmosphere!! Nice place, informal chic, cool people and good prices (little drunk at the end ;) .. at only 50mt from the wellknown traveller s 5th avenue, you can find very nice, cosy and cheaper locals..many different delicious specialities to do not definetely miss!!

• Visited November 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We were going to the Coffee Shop, but it was closed. Violet Cafe was close and open, so we went there. I am so glad we did. We ordered lemonade, cappuccinos, a croissant with Nutella for the kids and shared a focaccia sandwich, on recommendation of our server. Amazing! The service was great, and fast. I look forward to returning for supper.

Milan, Italy
“excellent food! great service! you can't miss it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I've dinner at the Violet with some friends during my stay in playa del carmen! it's full of restaurants and bars, but I really feel to reccomend this one, if you pass around here!
service it's great, italian staff friendly and loving. nice atmosphere, and food top notch!
we had mostly seafood.. don't miss the calamari and prawns tempura! absolutely excellent! if you like pasta, ask for the lobster "tagliolini".. you will not forget it!
and it is a good value for money!!!!!!

• Visited January 2013
Mombasa, Kenya
“Great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Nice food, nice people, great atmosphere!
The owners, Italian people, are very kind and friendly, we were greeted with professionalism and good cheer.
The food offered is mainly fish and prawns were fantastic, still I can taste it and it makes me nostalgic for a nice holiday in a context as beautiful.
I received the advice of friends just came on holiday just before me and have been spoken highly of the place.
I thought it was the usual place nice and simple as many in playa del carmen, spend little but get little while so many others to have something more you have to spend a lot, but I was pleasantly surprised to find a very nice and kept very well taken care of in the right place without having to spend too much, the right fit for those who want quality but at a good price!
Then my friends try because you'll be glad!

Andrea