“Best food at Rosewood” 5 of 5 stars

52-984-875-8000
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Punta Bonita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Mexican, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Graced with spectacular views of Mexico's Caribbean Sea, Punta Bonita welcomes guests with the warm and familiar style so intrinsic to Mexican culture. Offering light lunches and pizzas as well as Mexican and regional Riviera Maya specialties for dinner either indoors or on the outdoor terrace, the resort’s beach side restaurant is perfect venue for sharing culinary experiences.
Santa Monica, California
“Best food at Rosewood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Other than being situated right next to the pool, there is nothing poolside restaurant about it. Husband and I dined the three times during our six day stay...in fact, we will probably head there tonight to enjoy their taco night! We fell in love with the shrimp empanadas, one of their pork dishes which I cannot recall at the moment, ceviche (sea bass?), their red snapper tapas, all of their salsas including the molcajete...soft shell crab tacos were delicious and for lunchtime, their shrimp tacos were top notch. ALL of their food and their presentation was top tier in my book! Best restaurant at rosewood...

Visited September 2013

Newton, Massachusetts
“Excellent for lunch and dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

With proximity to the pool, Punta Bonita was our lunchtime respite pretty much every day of our stay. The food is extremely fresh and the margaritas are fantastic.

We also visited for dinner - which was excellent. The night we visited (a Saturday) there was a mariachi band strolling table to table. Table to table musicians usually aren't my thing but these guys were so talented, enthusiastic and engaging, we were sorry to see them move to the next table.

And service was, of course, outstanding.

• Visited July 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Super Food and Mexican Wines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We came back just for dinner while we stayed this time at another hotel. The food again was outstanding, especially the soft shell crab sandwich and the trio of ceviches. So flavorful and and delicious. Service as always better than one can imagine, they remembered our favorite drinks and prepared special margaritas for us. I think this is the best Mexican Food in the Rivera Maya. They also have a great selection of Mexican Wines!!

Visited July 2013
“Just gets better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This time I came back to the hotel and my best experience was at this lovely restaurant while I enjoyed the best dinner as the waiter who take care of me and Oscar the Manager made sure I had an excellent service. I must say this is the Best Mexican food I have had, as I fondly recommend the rib eye with chili crusted. Yes I know it sounds difficult to eat but it's not! It is amazing how they manage to combine a chili not to cause stomach damages. I really recommend visiting and also ask for a Golden Margarita. Can't wait to come back!

• Visited July 2013
Mexico City, Mexico
“Love Taco Night!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

A few days ago i went to have dinner at this restaurant and i should say that i really enjoyed this taco night, the food was delicious and the service was amazing. This is a must when you visit the Rosewood Mayakoba

• Visited May 2013