“Good but pricey.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Los Tacos Bar n' Grill

Los Tacos Bar n' Grill
5ta Avenida Con Esquina 30ta | Mz.64 Lt.3 Local 2 Col.Centro C.P.77710, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Website
Description: Taco Bar n' Grill on the Famous 5th Avenue
Arizona
“Good but pricey.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

No restaurant on 5th Ave. is inexpensive but this one is probably the least expensive. The tacos were good. They were offering two for one drinks but their intent is that one person has both drinks.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Louisville, Kentucky
“Mexican Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I traveled to Playa del Carmen and my group and I (there were 8 of us) ate at Los Tacos. The food is AMAZING and please keep in mind, you are in Mexico, not at Taco Bell. The food is not the same. If you really enjoy Mexican food and are willing to step outside of the box you will enjoy this restaurant. The waiters are great and very accommodating. Not sure if they do it for everyone, but we received a free shot of tequila after we paid our bill!

Visited July 2013
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Great salsa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband and I were in Playa on a short shopping excursion and were looking for some authentic chips and salsa for a snack. Tacos did not disappoint with there sampler platter of salsas. Great way to try different flavors and types of salsa.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Glen Ellyn, Illinois, United States
“Good food but Dishonest”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We really enjoyed the food here. It was neat that they served so many different delicious salsas to try with the meal. Our waiter, however, added tax to the bill. When I asked him if this was the tax or the tip , he said it was tax because tax was not included in the prices on the menu. However, we had read previously to traveling to Playa, that we should watch out for this scam. Taxes should not be added separately- they are already figured in to the price of the food. We were warned that the addition of a tax would be a red flag for wait staff wanting more of a tip. Anyway, the waiter did nothing when questioned, but when my husband went up front to the cashier to ask about this, the waiter came over and quickly changed his story and said that no, this was a tip. Obviously, he lied to us in the first place. Unfortunately being lied to ruined a rather pleasant dining experience.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nick M, Manager at Los Tacos Bar n' Grill, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
hello. we apologies about the unfortunate experience, hopefully it was a misunderstanding of our waiter behalf, we keep working very hard to make service 100%, we hope you come back, please let us know if you do and i will make sure peronally that evrything is 100%, Thank you
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Best Tacos Around!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

If you are looking for a great meal to start off the night that is not over priced, and is great for people watching, this is the place. I ate here just about every day for twelve days. I also just about tried everything on the menu. Everything that I had was great from the fish tacos to the soup. And I can’t say enough about the excellent service. I would often just stop here to eat before going to the bar across the street. It is great place for a lunch time snack, or dinner before going out for the night. You get a lot for your money because the portions are big. I definitely will be back next year.

• Visited March 2013