Mamitas Beach,Great Location Remodeled 1 bedroom Condo!

Saved Save
You added Mamitas Beach,Great Location Remodeled 1 bedroom Condo! to your Saves list.
living area connected to small patio
open ceiling patio connected to living room
small table for morning coffee
Playa del Carmen
Condo/Apartment –
1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 4

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

julip331
Austin, Texas
“Great location and space”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

We arrived and Kim met us at the condo and had everything outlined and ready to go. The location was awesome as 5th Avenue is a block and our favorite restaurant La Vagabunda was right around the corner for easy breakfasts. The beach was up and over, less than a 10 min walk. The condo was just enough for us. We were there for 8 days. We were gone during the day, at the condo just long enough to clean up and head out and would return to sleep and then off again the next day. It was comforting to know that you had to have a key to even enter the complex and the grounds were very well maintained. We will definitely be back.

3 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: the location
Liked least: the bed
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
AnnetteTh...
College Station, Texas
“Good Location But Construction Next Door”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 for a stay in June 2013
people found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed here for a week in early June, 2013. It was our 3rd time in Playa del Carmen but the first time in this condo. The best thing about this condo is that it is just a couple of blocks from both the beach and 5th Avenue so it's easy to find lots to do and restaurants to eat at. Unfortunately, construction is just beginning at a huge hotel between the condo and the beach and is expected to take about 2 years. Consequently, there was construction noise all day long so don't expect to sleep in. Also, we got only one set of keys to the complex gate and condo which was VERY incovenient. Also, even though the description on Tripadvisor and Flipkey said that shampoo and a DVD player was included, they weren't. Flipkey showed a picture of a table and chairs on a patio but in reality, there is none and the porch facing the ocean isn't even wide enough to put a chair on. Also, contrary to the ad, it was not possible to book this online through Flipkey/Tripadvisor so you have no protection except what Paypal offers when you make a deposit. I wouldn't have minded these inconveniences so much if I had been told about them in advance but if I had known, we would have chosen a similar condo elsewhere for $50/ night rather than paying $85/night for what we expected but didn't get here.

2 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 2 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
2 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 4 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
4 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 4 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
4 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 2 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
2 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: location
Liked least: construction noise
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Jun 14, 2013
Dear Annette

First of all thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I would like to answer you, and maybe clear up some of the issues that you brought up.
Construction, Playa del Carmen is one of the fastest growing cities in the world, and this is a fact. Therefore, you will find construction all over town, regardless if you pay 85$ or 700$per night ,as the condos in Aldea Thai offer, that are right besides us and their guests experiences the exact same noise level. Also, the building on our right side the Grand Porto Real with over 500 rooms at a 5star level. We have had guests stay in the same condo since they started construction, and nobody complained, even wrote us wonderful reviews.
About the Shampoo and DVD- I have written that we offer soap, The flipkey options write it as SOAP/SHAMPOO so I marked it because we do offer soap. The dash means Soap OR shampoo, I will try to emphasize that it is only soap we offer.
DVD-we DO have in the condo a DVD player. You had even asked my Property Manager, Kim. if we had a DVD and she said that it is in the closet, and you said you don’t need it. So I really cant understand why you wrote that we don’t have it ,when you know we do.
FYI- We place it in the closet because this leaves more room on the table and if anyone wants, than we will take it out for them.
Keys- We have plenty of sets of Keys for guests to use, If you will ask for it than we can give it to you.
Flipkey payments- When you had told me you wanted to reserve the unit thru Flipkey, and could not make the deposit,I contacted Flipkey and tried to help you out, The communication with you was very poor, and you had replied once every 3 days all of this time even though you had not made the deposit, I had blocked the dates for you, and did not rent to any other guest, even though I had quit a few offers .I had offered Paypal ,because its safe and all of our guests prefer it. This whole booking process happened very close to your arrival date ,If we had more time you could have resolved with Flipkey the problem.
I know we couldn’t solve the construction noise or the Flipkey payment system, but all of these issues could have been easly taken care of, If you would have told my Property Manager Kim, that is what she is there for. She had asked you various times if everything was ok, and you said that everything was fine. If you would have told her, you would have gotten an extra set of Keys, DVD maybe even the construction problem she could have solved,by moving you to another unit .But communication is necessary.
I am very sorry you had a bad experience in my condo, You can probably learn from past reviews that guests are usually extremely happy in our condo, and most importantly with our service.
We advertise in over 6 different sites and each one has at least 5 reviews, all of them are from the past 2 years and all of them are wonderful reviews.
I will take your comments into consideration, but please for future travels, tell your host what is bothering you, maybe just maybe, they can help make things better.
Thank you for your stay, wish you the best
Sean
$85
Night
Week
Month
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Book this property
Or, send the owner a message
Send Message
Response Time: Within two days
Calendar Updated: 92 days ago
$10,000 Peace of Mind Guarantee
Learn more
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing