We have been to Playa del Carmen before and prefer the small hotel experience over the big resort/all inclusive experience.
This hotel is in a great location next to 5th ave and the beach, but not close enough to the bar district to be kept up at night by noise.
The pool looks small in the pics but we didn't find it too small and it was never crowded.
The design and the colors of this hotel really set the mood, and we loved our stay. We made many new friends and spent a lot of the hot mid-day sun hours in the hotel pool as there is easy access to shade and, of course the bar.
Our first room was a bit musty and had 2 double beds ( we had booked a king) so we asked for a second room. The hotel staff were very helpful and eager to assist and the second room was great.
Some of the rooms could use some minor maintenance (fresh paint, etc. , however the staff keep the rooms clean - fresh sheets every day and even under the bed was spotless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel characterized by a Mexican style created to meet the needs of the traveler who appreciates the best quality, privacy and personalized service in a world full of details with flavored Mexico. Hacienda del Caribe is a small hotel so that each of our 34 rooms have charm and personality. We invite you to discover Hacienda del Caribe where serving you is a privilege! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, HostelBookers, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hotel Hacienda del Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Del Caribe Hotel
- Hacienda Del Caribe Playa Carmen
- Hotel Hacienda Del Caribe Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico