This was our first trip to Playa del Carmen and we spent alot of time on the internet researching accommodations (by a lot I mean 11 hours). We decided to book a hotel as opposed to a resort because we planned on renting a car so we could travel and take in the sites of Mexico. We found this small quaint hotel on the tripadvisor website that was located in the heart of Playa del Carmen that ranked 18 out of 181 hotels at a very affordable price. It looked like an absolute tropical paradise. After reading the reviews and viewing the video and pictures of the hotel we decided this was the place to be.
Upon our arrival, we were greeted at the front desk by their friendly and courteous staff. We had the opportunity to stay in three different rooms at the hotel all of which were amazing and very clean. Our favourite is the treetop (#36). We were in paradise the moment we walked in and it has the most incredible balcony. No tvs in these rooms and trust me when I say none are required. The rooms all have a small bar fridge which was very handy and unlimited bottled water.
Next there’s the Luna Blue bar. We enjoyed many nights sitting on the bar swings enjoying the entertainment. Jorge the bartender always makes sure everyone is having a good time. It’s called “tequila”. Need I say more. My favorite drink however is the Playa Coloda. I’ve had plenty of pina coladas in my day and this is by far my favorite. We were also fortunate enough to hear Mike Grabow play while we were there and he was awesome. Lenny the dog also did a great job entertaining the crowd. The bar closes at 11:00 pm so none of the guests are inconvenienced by noise.
There are fantastic restaurants, a beach and great shopping all within walking distance of the hotel. The staff were very helpful in recommending choice locations. No disappointments! We just can’t say enough about the Luna Blue. We loved it so much we are planning a trip back in a few months.
To close this review we just want to say “thank you” to Cheri and Tony (the owners) for their hospitality and to all the wonderful staff at the Luna Blue for making our vacation such a memorable one. We hope to see you all very soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Blue Hotel is located in Playa del Carmen's popular north end, three short blocks from the beach and half a block from the restaurants, shops and nightlife of 5th Avenue. This boutique hotel features palapa-covered balconies, a sunken tropical garden swimming pool, a lush garden, and one of the most popular bars in town. The hotel offers free use of four beach clubs and various local discounts. American owners and their bilingual staff offer you personal attention during your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Despegar.com so you can book your Luna Blue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Blue Hotel Garden
- Luna Blue Playa Del Carmen
- Luna Blue Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico