My husband, 2 sons 13 & 19 and I just got back from Playa del Carmen and the Luna Blue Hotel. It was the perfect combination of peace & tranquility and the hustle bustle of an up & coming resort city. By this I mean, the hotel is just 2 short blocks to the beautiful Caribbean Sea (beach club membership is included with hotel!!), a 1/2 a block to 5th Ave which is packed with restaurants & artsy boutiques (not just the same touristy stores you see everywhere) and when you return to the Luna Blue, the gardens envelope you in a sense of peace & beauty! We loved it!
Also, and importantly because we took our children with us, 5th Ave is a safe place for the kids to walk around at night. There are police on the streets and all the owners seem to keep an eye out for any problems. The hotel & it's gardens are locked up after 10:00pm so when the kids return, they simply unlock the gate & can hang around in the beautiful gardens or their private veranda.
Lastly, but most importantly, the hotel is very charming, the rooms are clean, air conditioned & decorated with a sense of the country we were visiting. The owners, Cheri & Tony were there all the time to help with reservations and suggestions for places to visit that aren't just the same place everyone goes to! We loved the ruins that are still in the jungle & you need a guide to get to them, the lagoon for snorkeling that is a national park, & the ATVing in the jungle that was so much fun, etc. etc.
So, the combination of where the Luna Blue Hotel is situated, the beauty & peacefulness of it's gardens & rooms along with the Best Owners a boutique hotel can have, will have us returning very very soon.
Make your reservations at the Luna Blue & have a Great Vacation!
Kay & Leo Garrido and Leo jr. & Albert, too
- Also Known As:
- Luna Blue Hotel Garden
- Luna Blue Playa Del Carmen
- Luna Blue Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Blue Hotel is located in Playa del Carmen's popular north end, three short blocks from the beach and half a block from the restaurants, shops and nightlife of 5th Avenue. This boutique hotel features palapa-covered balconies, a sunken tropical garden swimming pool, a lush garden, and one of the most popular bars in town. The hotel offers free use of four beach clubs and various local discounts. American owners and their bilingual staff offer you personal attention during your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Luna Blue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.