We were able to spend the holidays in Playa and Luna Blue this year. We had a fantastic time! This is our third year in a row at Luna Blue..we enjoy the location, the rooms, the gardens, (now the swing bar), and the employees and owners are the best! On our second night, the owners, Cheri and Tony hosted a holiday party for guests of the hotel. We had a wonderful time enjoying the new swing bar and having a toast with all. In previous years we have done many of the local activities, this year we decided to take it easy and enjoy the beach. We loved the one tour we did, the Mayan Adventure with Alltournative Tours. We went to Coba and Mayan villages, along with other adventures, it was a whole day of fun! This trip, we visted many local great eateries, our favorite this time was La Caprichoza on 5th. We enjoyed the wonderful ceaser salad, flambee and Mayan coffee for dessert, yummy. Another favorite is the "lava bowl" at La Passion next store to Luna Blue. For drinks, we loved the new swing bar and bartender at Luna Blue, another fun place was the "Bad Boys Beach Club" on 4th and the beach. A great band plays on Thursday and Saturdays' at 5PM....Rock n' Roll, lots of fun! We finished our trip on New Years' Eve at the Luna Blue swing bar celebrating with new friends and Cheri and Tony...we will be back again next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Blue Hotel is located in Playa del Carmen's popular north end, three short blocks from the beach and half a block from the restaurants, shops and nightlife of 5th Avenue. This boutique hotel features palapa-covered balconies, a sunken tropical garden swimming pool, a lush garden, and one of the most popular bars in town. The hotel offers free use of four beach clubs and various local discounts. American owners and their bilingual staff offer you personal attention during your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Luna Blue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Blue Hotel Garden
- Luna Blue Playa Del Carmen
- Luna Blue Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico