We stayed at the Luna Blue Hotel in Playa del Carmen for 12 days in late March to early April, 2014, and were impressed. The staff (Juan & Heimie) were friendly and extremely helpful in booking excursions (we loved Xel-ha). The rooms were kept well cleaned and Diana created beautiful towel creatures for us each day. The owner, Tony, was checking regularly to see if we needed anything to make our stay enjoyable. The complimentary daily sweet cakes for breakfast, with fresh, strong, and delicious coffee were great. The location is good, near the beach, near some great food/restaurants (fresh! fish at Meuelle restaurant, and perfect creme brûlée) and very close to 5th Avenue shopping. There was at least 3 nights of live music/bands at the Luna Blue bar during our 2 weeks - very enjoyable.
Juan also helped arrange a taxi for one day; our driver Jorge was very good, watching our valuables, ensuring we knew where to go, and making a wonderful lunch recommendation -- at La Buena Vida on Half Moon Bay at Akumal. The day was great, including seeing 4 large turtles and a stingray while snorkelling at Akumal Beach; followed by a visit to the very beautiful Chikin Ha cenote.
Would recommend this hotel, definitely, with all it provides, and it's helpful friendly staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Blue Hotel is located in Playa del Carmen's popular north end, three short blocks from the beach and half a block from the restaurants, shops and nightlife of 5th Avenue. This boutique hotel features palapa-covered balconies, a sunken tropical garden swimming pool, a lush garden, and one of the most popular bars in town. The hotel offers free use of four beach clubs and various local discounts. American owners and their bilingual staff offer you personal attention during your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Luna Blue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Blue Hotel Garden
- Luna Blue Playa Del Carmen
- Luna Blue Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico