Very cute hotel and wonderfully located at a half block from the main walking street 5th Ave. For the price, we expected a bit more. Had Playa del Carmen been my only travel experience, Luna Blue would be at the top of my list, but comparably it's your average boutique hotel for twice the price.
The receptionist on staff was extremely helpful and knows his city and its surroundings well. Ask him how to get anywhere without paying obnoxious rates and he's happy to share. The bar is nice enough and the drinks are well-priced compared to other bars of its kind in the area. The free passes to the "beach club" require that you purchase an overpriced drink on the supposdely public beach once there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Blue Hotel is located in Playa del Carmen's popular north end, three short blocks from the beach and half a block from the restaurants, shops and nightlife of 5th Avenue. This boutique hotel features palapa-covered balconies, a sunken tropical garden swimming pool, a lush garden, and one of the most popular bars in town. The hotel offers free use of four beach clubs and various local discounts. American owners and their bilingual staff offer you personal attention during your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Luna Blue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Blue Hotel Garden
- Luna Blue Playa Del Carmen
- Luna Blue Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico