We were staying at the hotel next door and saw the sign for this place. We cancelled our remaining reservation and moved to this little place for the remaining 4 days of our stay. We loved the court yard. It really feels like you are in a tree house! The bar is nice and mellow. The location is incredible. Its just a block up from 5th ave. but nice and quite. But we really moved here for the kitchenette. Being able to make a few of your own meals is great. There is free water in the rooms, as well as fridge, oven, microwave and coffee maker. Pots, pans, utensils, plates, glasses, ice cube trays are all in the room. The air conditioning is amazing and almost froze us out! The front desk man, Alex was so very friendly and accommodating. The owners were around and were friendly as well, she even let me borrow a hair dryer from the front desk, as it was the only thing not in the room that I needed. The pool is small and not heated, and stays cool because of the canopy of the trees in the courtyard. Perfect for a quick little dip to chill out. The beds were a bit hard, but hey, you're in Mexico. I would definitely stay here again. It feels like home, only better, because there's no TV and you're in sunny Mexico. It even comes with a resident cat, Frankie.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Blue Hotel is located in Playa del Carmen's popular north end, three short blocks from the beach and half a block from the restaurants, shops and nightlife of 5th Avenue. This boutique hotel features palapa-covered balconies, a sunken tropical garden swimming pool, a lush garden, and one of the most popular bars in town. The hotel offers free use of four beach clubs and various local discounts. American owners and their bilingual staff offer you personal attention during your stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Despegar.com so you can book your Luna Blue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Blue Hotel Garden
- Luna Blue Playa Del Carmen
- Luna Blue Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico