“How can they call this a resort?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel All Riviera

You added Hotel All Riviera to your Saves list
Hotel All Riviera
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle 2 Norte entre 5a. Ave y Z.F.M. | Col. Centro, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #162 of 200 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Queanbeyan, Australia
“How can they call this a resort?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

This place is like a 3 star budget hotel. It has minimal decoration and comfort. No laundry service. The lobby is tucked down a narrow corridor off a street to the beach and the breakfast is served in a room across the street or at tables on the beach. The breakfast was minimal - juice, coffee, toast and jam.
But the rooms all face onto the pool with balcony and views to the beach and while the rooms are small, they are colourful. There are sunloungers on the beach and a bar service, and free wifi. It was lovely to sleep with the sounds of the sea and the ceiling fan. I had a nice massage from the hotel and the staff were helpful.

Room Tip: Be aware that the loud but good music beside the pool area plays until 10pm. If this will disturb yo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The most enjoyable thing of the hotel would be the rooms. They are really tidy and clean, with all the little things that you could need in a hotel room with an exception: no internet!
We stayed in the first floor and we had to go all the way to the front desk in order to have an internet conection.
It has a great view and location -in front of the sea-, but the people working in there they pretty much don´t like what they do, or what they are offering. I felt compromised and uncomfortable any time I ask or order for something.
I wouldn´t return.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

I was in Playa del Carmen for Christmas day and New Years Eve, I have an awesome time, my and a friend did not want to go on an all inclusive, we decided to stayed in Down Town area, the Hotel is not a 5 Stars is about 3and half to 4 Stars, but is great, very clean, Maria was our cleaner, people was great, Armando in Recepcion and many other Character people, we ask to have the European breakfast in the morning, wish is a coffe or orage fruit, with eggs or just toast bread and some aditional desert, since me and my friend likes to eat alot and we are used to the real breakfast .
Since I am original from there and Continue with my trip information,I know where to go so early in the morning was a time for the Taco breakfast, if I want it to eat something heavy for breakfast or if for a healthy breakfast 100 per cent Natural rest. right on 5 ave and calle between 10 and 12 amazing breakfast, during my time I walk back and for all day looking for some gifts for my friends, wish I always get the best prices just not because I am a mexican or some kind of cheap, just know how to talk to people, at this point and so far, we continue our beach time, chasing the ladies all over the beach and relaxing, drinking some Margaritas, pina colada, bears, tequila, you name it!!. we stay at the beach for 7 days, we meet with pancho wish is a great guy, works for the restaurant and bar for the resort, I know him for a quit a bit , since I was a local Once, so Pancho took care of us for the 7 days, obviously happy pancho" s day in the end of our trip, we left to him a good tip, Any ways just it to promote Panchos Treat. In my trip to playa del carmen, let me tell you about Chrismast business are open all day and bars all night, Normally every one is having a good time with their families, but alot of people work even on a raining day.

New years eve is even crazy, on 5ave everyone is walking to the bars, some shops are open until 9pm others continue open. the party on that night is everywhere, but if you want to see a good party where everyone get together"s is on the 5 Avenida and calle 12, more than 6oo people celebrating the New years eve, is amazing how so many people is partying on the street. Another crazy place to celebrated is in Coco Bongo, open bar all night long, well until 3 am or a bit more sometimes...... waooo, so next time you are in playa remember, pancho, tacos by the bus station and church, shopping on 5 ave are good bargains.

during the day

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Great location! Step out of your room and onto the beach! or 2 minutes walk to 5th Avenue with great shopping, wonderful food and amazing atmosphere. Rooms are a little small, and bathrooms even smaller, air-conditioning a little loud, and the hotel could definitely use an update. Also, continental breakfast included in the room price only equals toast with jam, juice & coffee (eggs and bacon are extra). HOWEVER, the location, friendly and helpful staff and clean rooms more than make up for the outdated fittings. And, I guess it they updated the place, it wouldn't be such great value! Just don't expect a fancy 5 star place and you'll be more than satisfied :)

Room Tip: Ask for a terrace room. 10 paces to the beach!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Christina Lake, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

We really liked staying here as it is right on the beach. The rooms are "typical" Mexican rooms meaning the bare essentials including a small fridge. Very clean and well maintained. We had a king size bed and they were going to be purchasing new mattresses that were to be softer so that would be a bonus. They were very accommodating with providing us with a foamy for on top of the mattress we had. The people who worked the attached cafe and bar were very nice. The level of massage offered by the pool was exemplary and very reasonable for 1/2 to 1 hour full body massages. They were professional in every way. This area of Playa del Carmen is quiet so we didn't have to listen to Blue Lagoon and the other noisy places further up the strip. There is a bigger bar next door and it shuts down very early. Walking along the beach and eating at various beach restaurants provided plenty of wonderful food and drink.
I took a Magic Bullet with me as I like Margaritas so made them in the room and put it in a small thermos as the drinks were quite expensive and not the best Tequilla! (PS go to Walmart and get a good bottle of Tequilla!)
We have been to Playa del Carmen 13 times over the years and the food is impressive, good people watching on 5th Ave at night (or during the day!).

Room Tip: Top floor has nice views of the ocean.They have built a newer complex near the old one. We didn'...
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I have been coming to Playa del Carmen since 1996 and for the past 5 years coming there more often, 3, 4, or 5 times a year.

For the last 5 years, Room 105 at the All Riviera Resort has been my home when I visit Playa del Carmen. All Riviera is a diamond in the rough. Right on the white sandy beach of Playa del Carmen, 1 block to the well known 5th Avenue where you can find shopping, shopping, and even more shopping with a number of restaurants mixed in.

And the best rates of ANY hotel - Right on the Beach - in Playa del Carmen.

But oh the view ! Right on the beach ! And the great friendy staff ! What more could you ever want ?

I have made many friends at the All Riviera, all of the names mentioned in other reviews. Each time when I arrive one of my amigo's from there is out at the street waiting for me waiting for senior S.... to arrive and upon seeing me they brighten their smile and greet me with open arms. And that is repeated every morning when I come down for breakfast or walk past the front desk either coming or going.

All Riviera is a small hotel that is well managed, always very clean, very comfortable, and very safe, simply decorated, with a nice little restaurant / bar aside the beach where service is FANTASTIC and provided by even more of my friends.

For those of you that have visited there before, before June 2010, and frequently as I do and got to know him, you too probably too miss our passed amigo Jose, who managed the restaurant and bar and talked proudly and always had pictures of his ranch out in the jungle West of Tulum. Jose, my amigo, I miss you, I think of you often, and even more when I listen to one of my favorite songs - "The Life" by Kenny Chesney. That is our Jose !

Salute Jose !

To all of my friends at the All Riviera that I just got to see last week- Thank you again for everything ! Thank you for being my amigos and I will see you all again soon, in January !

Senior S . . . .

Room Tip: Well room 205 is always a good choice for a room, especially if I am already there and already in my...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Step out of your balcony with a table and chairs, room #207 and you see the beach and ocean right in front of you, the pool is very, very small, also has a hot tub next to the pool.
2 blocks from the main pier to go to Cozumel which is a 5-minute walk, as well as the main bus station to go to anywhere in Mexico, and the main street were all the action is as, all for $50.00 per night but you have to pay for 2-nights and 3rd night is free, the free breakfast is just a glass of OJ white bread toast and all the coffee you can drink, the room is nice, clean bathroom, big bed, a small refrigerator to keep the beers and goodies cold, overhead fan, table with chairs, open the glass door to the balcony and all the fresh cool ocean breeze you can handle, perfect for the tourist who are on the go all day and just need a nice clean secure hotel on the beach to come home in the afternoons, Plus all the Maya ruins and Family parks are just behind you in the jungle of playa del carmen, all very close.

Re; restaurants to eat; the main street has some of the most beautiful looking restaurants you will see in Playa Carmen, if you don't want to pay high prices from eating on the main street just go off any side streets and you will find really low prices and good food, if you want to eat on the beach the restaurant right next to the hotel just step out the back of the hotel and turn right; A whole fish grilled with all the goodies was just 50-70 pesos, large seafood cocktail was the same price and you can bring your own cold beers (your hotel is next door) and your eating right on the beach under the stars and cool ocean breeze.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hotel All Riviera? Share your experiences!