We stayed at Secrets Capri from March 13th to the 20th. We have stayed quite a few times at Excellence and El Dorado locations in the past both being a top preformer in the lists.
Now we checked out all the reviews that have been posted, noting the good and the bad (people that just will not be happy) and desided to check out Capri. We arrived at just before 3pm and check in went fast. Yes they do try to get you to listen to the timeshare type speach and go check out the other Secrets locations. We said we were on vacation and wanted to just stay at the resort for the week, done!
We were taken by the bellboy to our room which was on the north side walkout to the pool with a good view of the pool and the ocean which was nice. The rooms are nice and well kept, we noticed no issues, no mold as some have mentioned, no bad smells, and at no time did we have any water pressure problems or lack there of. The bed was very comfortable and relaxing for a good night sleep. Now the only issue we had was with the cleaning of the room and not leaving 4 towels on 2 days that's it. Now as for the beach, yes it's narrow, but it's clean and NO rocks yes NO rocks. The beach is only narrow on the north end and the maintenance staff is working hard to keep it clan. They have started to install a new pier on the south end of the beach property but the work is very slow. We did walk the beach every morning in both directions after breakfast. The beach to the south is in front of an undeveloped lot and yes it has rocks and trash that floats up so FYI as for the beaches in front of other resorts they are even narrower and Oceans really is lacking a beach so you have to walk on the boardwalk right in front of there VIP area, don't think i'd pay extra for that.
The Pool is very good and never crowded when we were there, so no worries. The towel game is in full swing so just be aware although we never had any issues on the north side of the pool and it is alittle quieter at that end.The south end has the swimup bar and some days it was busy down there. The only downside to the south side was the smoke from the BBQ burgers when the wind was blowing just right also this end loose the sun sooner. Now for the floaties, never soon an issue where you couldn't just use one, they have plenty.
The food; Awesome!
Our first night was a Caribbean dinner and that was fabilous, not a complaint.
We had breakfast most days in the La Riviera, a mut here is Rita's omlets, these and the crepe's are made to your desire (try the chocolate and peanut butter crepe)
Lunch, most times we at by the pool with the service from the pool staff food from the Cactus club "good pizza'
Dinners were also very good; The Seaside grill very good "try the chicken breast stuffed with shrimp" Oceana, was very good do recommend the Sea Bass and the Grouper, Himitsu Asian we loved it, the only drawback was this place is good and everybody wants to go there, so make reservations and enjoy, now for the Portofino itialian, we had a fabilous meal here, the four cheese lasagna was tasty. You won't leave hungry.
Every night we went up to the Rendezvous lobby bar for Mexican flaming coffee . This is a must have with 1800 tequlia, Kuluha, and Baileys oh so good must have!
Now the pool snacks that they bring around are fresh and tasty, Chips, salsa and fresh guacamioli, ice cream, fruit keeps you going between the drinks.
One thing to be aware of; yes the bars all have top shelf liquor but they will use the house cheaper stuff if you don't ask, and when they get real busy the drinks are made fast and sometimes lack a lot of booze, but only by the pool bar
Now the entertainment staff works there tails off in making sure your stay is an enjoyable one and on that you'll want to return soon. Jonathan and Stepahanie and Humberto were the 3 that we got to know the best, very good and they get to know you and visit with you.
The only thing I would say is if your a stuffy snob please leave your attitude at home and relax please. We watched an elderly genttelman thinking he was someone importaint (he might be back home) and that the pool staff should cater to him right now "NOT" no need to slam your newspaper down and make a scene just remember your in there country and there home your just a tourist and remember they could make your stay a memorable one :(
We will be back to this resort again soon Thanks guys for a great vacation
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun, a proud unlimited luxury resort has received special recognition from the esteemed readers of Condé Nast Traveler Magazine in Mexico and AAA as a Four Diamond Award resort. Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun was awarded the Best for Romance and Best Luxury-World by the 2008 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards. Only TripAdvisor's hotel awards represent the opinions of millions of travelers. The winners were determined by a combination of the highest traveler ratings and the TripAdvisor Popularity Index, a measurement of overall traveler satisfaction. Situated five minutes from exciting Playa del Carmen and a short 35-minute drive south of Cancun International Airport, the world's second largest barrier reef lies just offshore, while underground rivers, caves and jungles lure adventure-lovers. Bordered by sugar-white beaches and the brilliant, crystal clear Caribbean Sea, this Preferred Club, Unlimited-Luxury, adults-only oasis truly embraces beauty and splendor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Mayan Riviera
- Secrets Cancun
- Secrets Capri Riviera Maya
- Secrets Hotel
- Secret Hotel
- Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Secrets Playa Del Carmen
- Riviera Cancun
- Hotel Secret
- Capri Riviera Cancun