“Most fun yet!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun

You added Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun to your Saves list
Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Federal 387, Chetumal | Cancun Km. 299, Solidaridad, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
3 Ways To Win!
Ranked #18 of 201 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
St. Elmo Il
“Most fun yet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The entertainment staff at secrets Capri are so much fun. Great daily activities, beach volleyball, pool volleyball, darts, rifle shooting, football throw... That's just a few of the many activities they have. Night time entertainment was great too. The smaller size of this resort is ideal, we met so many new people and new friends. We will for sure go back!! Val -!Illinois

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,306)
Eatontown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Playa Del Carmen is the best location for a mature vs spring break atmosphere and SCUBA...access to Cozumel. Secrets Capri's staff was the most friendliest and helpful. I enjoyed everything the resort had to offer. Despite being all inclusive every themed restaurant was distinct where they didn't serve the same food everywhere. I enjoyed the steakhouse, Japanese, Cervice bar, and Seafood restaurants. They also had a Mexican dinner poolside with entertainment. Room service was also exceptional. Some might not think the food was the best, but I liked it and the friendly staff made it special for me. I also liked the portion sizes since I didn't want to over due it. :). Nevertheless, I always felt satisfied. Besides you can order as much as you want. The alcohol was always flowing and you had access to top shelf brands. I didn't mind that they didn't stock the rooms with alcohol. Forced me to go out and interact with people. The spa service is something you should do. Consider the spa packages. It's worth it. For $190 it included hydrotherapy, Swedish (you can pick other types), foot massage, and facial.

As for SCUBA I booked it with Tank-ha which is in Playa. Secrets is around 8 miles to Playa and the cab ride is $20 each way. Yes, slightly inconvenient. Tank-ha is the only dive outfit that can access Cozumel directly. Everyone else, you have to take the ferry from Playa then go to a shop then leave from there. You do save around 3 hours by going with Tank-ha. Do your research though and be ready for drift diving. I'm a wreck diver from New Jersey, so I struggled a little even though I'm a tech diver with 200+ dives over 8 years. I brought my own gear and I'm glad they had DIN valves.

Room Tip: $500 extra for an ocean front view. I was on the opposite side, but I didn't mind since it wasn...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
SCRE-Concierge, E-Concierge at Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear valued customer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our resort, we appreciate all your great comments. It reads you had a great trip and enjoyed your stay very much. We are glad you enjoyed the diving and that you also liked our food in several of our restaurants.

We sincerely hope you return soon, it would be a pleasure to have you with us again.

If you should need further assistance please don´t hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Overall, my husband and I were pleased with Secrets Capri. However, a few things were disappointing. The beach is long but very narrow, the pool bar closed at 7, and the snack bar is only open from 12 to 3 in the afternoon. Room service is available 24 hours a day but it would have been nice to have a place to go for a snack whenever hungry. I would not recommend this hotel to younger travelers. The majority of the guests are older and the resort is very quiet. However, the entertainment team was amazing! They definitely went over and above and were the main reason our holiday was so enjoyable. Hats off to Jonathan, Victor, Humberto, Estephanie, and Jesus. With a special thank you to Jonathan. The entire staff at the resort surpassed our expectations but the entertainment staff was amazing and will definitely be the reason we return to Secrets Capri next year! The food is also worth mentioning. One word delicious. Best we've ever had at a resort. A must try is the delicious crepes and service Arturo provides at the buffet, A+. Very relaxing holiday!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dover, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

In late February my wife and I made our second trip back to Secrets Capri (stayed last April as well) and like before it was not a disappointment. Last year we went with friends and this year we decided to go with just the two of us. It has been said over and over but the staff truly does make the resort what it is. Everyone from the minute you leave your shuttle pampers you and makes you feel important. Johnathan, Victor, Humberto and the rest of the entertainment team were excellent and made the vacation fun and enjoyable. I had pretty high standards for the entertainment team as during my previous vacation Eddy and Yess from the entertainment team became friends of mine that I still speak with till this day. Needless to say the entertainment team still did not disappoint. The food was wonderful as usual although this time we never made it to the Asian style restaurant. During our stay I won a 4 night vacation back to Secrets Capri so my wife and I are already planning our third trip back. I would also like to thank the bartenders at the pool bar and in desires lounge as they were all amazing.

If I had one complaint it would be the lack of music by the pool bar during the day. I feel that if people want to get away from music they can go on the other side of the pool. There should be an option for both.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SCRE-Concierge, E-Concierge at Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear valued customer,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort, we appreciate you taking the time to do so. Our staff is very happy to hear such great experiences as I am sure many readers love to know they make the correct choice or help them make the right one.

We appreciate your preference for a second visit and hope to look out for you on your third trip to our resort. Bring along friends and family, I am sure they would love to be pampered as you are when you are on vacation.

On behalf of everyone at Capri, we thank you and value your loyalty. Thank you once again.

Regards,

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The hotel property was amazing, from the lobby to the restaurants to the spa, all aspects of this property are superior to other places we have stayed in the past. The reception area was beautiful and upon our arrival, Juan greeted us and went over all the details of the property, etc. Juan was great and we could go to him with any questions we had throughout the week! The rooms were very celan and the staff was friendly and helpful, as long as you can speak a little bit of spanish. We enjoyed the food and liked the wide selection of cuisine at all the restaurants. Portofino was probably our favorite because of the many choices on the menu. The entertainment staff was very friendly and very sincere, especially Humberto and Victor. These two guys greeted us every morning down by the pool to let us know what was happening that day, which was pretty awesome. These guys would even party with us at the nightly shows and the disco! I want to say a special thanks to Humberto and Victor as they made our vacation a blast, they work long days and truly enjoy their job! Thanks again guys! We visited the spa a couple times during our stay as well and were impressed each time we went, from the hot stones message to the hydro therapy circuit. We would definitely recommend Secrets Capri for a relaxing and fun vacation and will probably be back to this property next year!

Room Tip: Rooms outside the main lobby building seem to be quieter
Westminster, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The hotel was beautiful and clean. The staff was very helpful and nice. Bed was very comfortable room was cleaned twice a day. Always clean towels and well maintained. The only problem we had was we didn't like the food. I honestly thought the eggs were a cheese sauce !! I nearly threw up when I realized it was suppose to be eggs. From then I ordered an omelet every morning. Breakfast was the only food that was ok. We tried the other places to eat and didn't like them either. I drank from morning till night not even a buzz. I guess they were watered down. Based on my feeling that most of what I paid for was for the food and drink it was a disappointment. The entertainment was not that good either. I will not go to another Secrets property.

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are very concerned we did not meet you expectations with the food options. I have shared your comments with our food & beverage department and we will definitely be working on the areas of opportunity.

We really wish you could reconsider visiting us again some day. In the meantime we thank you for sharing the information.

Best regards,

Jose Luis Alvarez
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

As many of the other reviewers commented, the staff here is makes it outstanding. Marisol on the concierge desk and Stephanie, Victor, and Jonathon of the entertainment staff especially went above and beyond. Marisol made us feel so welcome when we first got there and went over everything with us, really gave a feel for the whole resort. Then, the first day there my wife injured her foot in the pool and Victor took care of her, then made sure she was OK for days afterward. Jonathon put a special trip together to Coco Bongo, which was by far the best night we had in Mexico. Both him and Stephanie came out with us and made sure we had a blast, lots of dancing, got us a table right up front, and when my wife got pulled up on stage, Stephanie went with her and stayed by her side the whole time. After the show, they brought us to an amazing little taqueria and got the best enchiladas mole I've ever had.
The shows were good, my wife was a much bigger fan of them than I was, though the Rock Show stood out, and the Elvis impersonator was very funny. I know some other people have commented on the lack of chairs at the pool, but after talking to the pool concierge to make sure it was OK to do, we just moved people's things off the chairs if they weren't using them for long time. The Italian and Japanese restaurants were very good; the only one I wasn't a fan of was the buffet. My only real complaint with the food is that there isn't really any good Mexican food, which is pretty ironic. They had good ceviche, but the tacos were sub-par and they didn't even have enchiladas or tamales. However, I did love the flaming coffees they did in the lobby after 4, definitely a cool little show. All in all, a wonderful trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear valued customer,

Thank you for sharing such a great experience with the Tripadvisor community I am sure this review will help many make a decision to visit Capri, as I am sure they will love it as well.

We will share your great comments with our staff, this will make them feel very good and sure the job they are doing is excellent. Thank you on their behalf.

Regarding food options we will share these comments with food & beverages department, I assure you they will put together ideas and add great options to our menus. And make the needed changes to our buffet restaurant, we want everyone to enjoy the food and have a great time with us.

We hope you soon return to Capri and enjoy a great stay, remember that word of mouth is the very best recommendation we can get from you.

Sunny greetings from Capri!

info.secrc@secretsresorts.com

Been to Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!