We were guests at the Secrets Capri from November 29 through December 6. We were very excited, as we had never stayed at all inclusive resort before, We were not disappointed. The resort is smaller, meaning it isn't a mega resort with 1,000 rooms. I liked the intimate feeling the resort projected.
We stayed in Room 215 which was facing the ocean on the 2nd floor. The room was extremely clean and had all of the amenities of a 5 star hotel.
We are beach people. The beach wasn't very wide but the sand was amazing and there were a decent amount of shade loungers.There is drink and food service on the beach. Getting in the water was difficult due to the branches left over from the most recent hurricane. Once in the water was warm and refreshing.
We spent most of our days at the beach participating in some of the daily activities such as making guacamol, learning about tequila and preparing our own mayan recipe. The drink service was amazing Anywhere on the site.
The swim up bar was always a great place to get a drink towards the end of the day. It was a refreshing way to end a day at the beach.
Every evening, the resort newsletter, the Sundial, will be put under your door, letting you know the next day's activities, specials offered by the spa and also putting you on notice as to which restaurants would be open. When we visited in November, I believe one restaurant would be closed each evening, which, in my experience, is the norm.
The food was spectacular in all of the a la carte restaurants as was the presentation and service. The house red was pretty good.
In the evening, we mostly went to the main lobby at the rendez vous bar to listen to the nightly entertainment which was quite good. We would have drinks before we set out to one of the five restaurants.
We did the extra romantic dinner by the ocean on the beach on our last night at the resort. The cost was an additional $110 which included champagne. Was very beautiful seeing the moon shine on the ocean. It was a very nice touch to end our week long vacation.
We had a fantastic time at Secrets Capri and I would not hesitate in a heartbeat, to return. We had an exceptional time and I would highly recommend this resort. It is worth every peeny of your hard earned dollars.
Paul and Anne-Marie
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun, a proud unlimited luxury resort has received special recognition from the esteemed readers of Condé Nast Traveler Magazine in Mexico and AAA as a Four Diamond Award resort. Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun was awarded the Best for Romance and Best Luxury-World by the 2008 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards. Only TripAdvisor's hotel awards represent the opinions of millions of travelers. The winners were determined by a combination of the highest traveler ratings and the TripAdvisor Popularity Index, a measurement of overall traveler satisfaction. Situated five minutes from exciting Playa del Carmen and a short 35-minute drive south of Cancun International Airport, the world's second largest barrier reef lies just offshore, while underground rivers, caves and jungles lure adventure-lovers. Bordered by sugar-white beaches and the brilliant, crystal clear Caribbean Sea, this Preferred Club, Unlimited-Luxury, adults-only oasis truly embraces beauty and splendor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Mayan Riviera
- Secrets Cancun
- Secrets Capri Riviera Maya
- Secrets Hotel
- Secret Hotel
- Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Secrets Playa Del Carmen
- Riviera Cancun
- Hotel Secret
- Capri Riviera Cancun