I am not one to normally ever write a review, but after reading through a lot of the negative ones here on Trip Advisor I was pretty scared the night before we checked into our room.
I was pleasantly surprised, the resort is great, the food is great, the booze is great and the location is perfect. So close to 5th and all the main shops and restaurants. I really don't understand how people have complained about this resort, I mean its no 5 star… but they never claim to be.
Only thing that bothered me was the turtles in the foyer, they need more water!!!!!! And the brochures and advertising for all the dolphin resorts…. I urge people to not go do any of these dolphariums or dolphin resorts and to do their research as to the painful truth where these beautiful animals come from…. google taiji cove japan...
Other than that, Reef Coco beach was amazing … and the 4pm Irish coffee guy made our day, everyday!
- Also Known As:
- Grand Coco Bay Resort
- Grand Coco Bay
- Grand Coco Bay Mexico
- Grand Coco Bay Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Coco Bay Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Coco Bay Hotel
- Reef Coco Beach
- Grand Coco Bay Riviera Maya
- The Reef Coco Beach Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 30 miles south of Cancun, Grand Coco Bay is the perfect compliment to the white sandy beaches and turquoise waters of this world renowned tropical paradise. Nestled on a lengthy stretch of beach, just a short walk from the picturesque town of Playa del Carmen, you will enjoy our personalized service, the privacy you desire in a resort destination and the entertainment of one of the best night life’s the Mayan Riviera has to offer.Our location provides easy access to the many attractions the Mayan Riviera has to offer such as Playa del Carmen’s famous 5th avenue, Playacar’s Bird Sanctuary, Playacar Golf Club, Xcaret, Xel-Ha, Tulúm and much, much more.The hotel offers 202 comfortable rooms Caribbean style, our pleasant rooms consist of king size bed or two double beds, terrace or balcony, air conditioning, ventilator of ceiling, mini bar, 27 TV inches with sign for cable, tumble dryer of hair, vanity mirror, telephone and bath with watering-can and tub ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Reef Coco Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.