I bought my membership last year, so this was the first time I got to stay in my studio. The first impression was breathtaking! It is a small resort compared to many and given the circumstances during the time we travelled (tail end of Swine flu scare) we had the luxury of some solitude. I believe we were the only Canadians there that week and at one point I counted only 20 people one afternoon.
The staff was extremely friendly and my son was taught a few words in Mayan.
If I had to point out a 'dislike' I would mention the food. It was tasty, however... it was about 95% the same every single day. While understood for the size of the place, I would have appreciated more of a variety. Next time we might not select the 'meal-plan'.
The Studio room was a good size for the 3 of us with a king size bed and comfortable pull out sofa bed. I would have liked a pillow top mattress on the bed for better comfort, but others may find firm beds comfortable. The TV was older and the remote was held together with tape, but if they renovate soon, I'm sure that will be looked after.
It was hard to leave, but surely a place to look forward to visit again!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your Sunset Fishermen Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Fishermen Spa And Resort
- Sunset Fishermen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Sunset Fishermen Playa Del Carmen
- Sunset Fishermen Spa & Resort Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico