The staff here is amazing...except for Carlos. Marcial at the door, Rosario, Sergio the cook, Inez the maid...all are superb. The accomodations are always excellent.
I do have one complaint, though. The vast majority of the guests are retired Americans and Canadians. It's a quiet, close knit group who enjoy many activities together. In the past Luis was in charge of activities. He was excellent at talking with the guests and putting together activities for everyone, especially Texas Hold Em in the afternoon. Carlos on the other hand would promise to have THE but would be sure to schedule other activities (such as Name that Disney Tune) for the two families with kids. Then he would tell the older folks he was busy. Bad deal! These guys waited all day while Carlos was doing nothing, then start something at 3:00 when he promised the players a game at 3:30. I know that can't replace Luis but this guy is a disaster!
Again, the food, accomodation, and staff at Fisherman's are beyond fantastic. Hopefully the managers will do something about the Carlos situation and the resort will be as great at it was last year.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Fishermen Spa And Resort
- Sunset Fishermen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Sunset Fishermen Hotel
- Sunset Fisherman
- Sunset Fisherman Spa Resort
- Sunset Fishermen Playa Del Carmen
- Sunset Fishermen Spa & Resort Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Otel so you can book your Sunset Fishermen Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.