This is still located in a very beautiful place. The rooms are large and the beach is beautiful.
BUT the so called new recreation director now blasts loud music all day long through a loud speaker so that one feels as if one is trapped in an elevator with MUSAC. In-between he blasts his voice through a microphone playing quiz games in which he gives away t-shirts to winners. Most of the Guests are not engaged or interested in these games ( I have observed them and talked to people on the beach), and try to ignore him, but it is hard. Numerous complaints from myself have not helped, many people say they do not care for it but they can block it out and dont complain.
A complaint to the new "manager" resulted in nothing except him saying defensively "the young people want music" (really bad 80's and 90's hits?) and that "this isnt a retirement home ( another insult and displaying ignorance that this is exactly what is done in retirement homes to try to keep the elderly stimulated) and "write a note of complaint ' (we all know where that will go)
In any case, if you are a member or a guest paying several thousand dollars for a week of peace and quiet, and you dont want constant unpleasant background noise, lodge a complaint, maybe if enough people say something the hotel will listen (they do fear losing the dollars, as we know).
PS I have been coming to Fishermans for 12 plus years and this is the first time I have been getting headaches instead of enjoying the ocean sounds and the sounds of birds.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sunset Fishermen Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Fishermen Spa And Resort
- Sunset Fishermen Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Sunset Fishermen Playa Del Carmen
- Sunset Fishermen Spa & Resort Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico