On arriving at the hotel after a 12 hour flight we were greeted by the reception staff with cocktails. Our bags were taken and we were given our all inclusive wrist band which were NOT, as previously stated by a reviewer, anything to do with your nationality. We were shown our room, which was in between the quiet pool and beach. This was the best location in the hotel complex. The concierge showed us the features and facilities of our room. Within 5 minutes our luggage arrived and was delievered by a polite bell boy!
The hotel is large but has been made to feel like a village and if you don't like walking there are plenty of staff driven, golf buggys to transport you around the complex. The hotel is very clean and well equipped.
The buffet had a huge selection and was created for all tastes, the food was always hot and replenished quickly. In regards to the a la carte restaurants we had no problems booking them and the food and service was of a very high standard with the steakhouse and med cuisine restaurants our favourite.
The evening dance shows were very good and a must see, they also had small markets set up with local traders which added a fantastic village feel to the hotel.
This was an amazing hotel with plenty to see and do with amazing character and feel, it even had its own Mayan ruins in the complex! The hotel grounds were impecable and the staff were polite friendly and hard working. The beach and pool areas were fantastic and spotless.
The hotels proximity to the Xcarat ecological park was a huge bonus as it has its own special back entrance which allowed you to come an go back to the hotel for lunch and dinner, the park was amazing and a must visit if you are in the area.
I highly recommend this amazing hotel and although the first few days of our holiday had bad weather due to a freak november Hurricane, we really enjoyed the holiday and will definately go back!!!!
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Xcaret
- Occidental Grand Xcaret Hotel
- Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret
- Occidental Grand Flamenco
- Grand Flamenco Xcaret
- Xcaret Grand Occidental
- Occidental Xcaret
- Hotel Xcaret
- Grand Xcaret
- Occidental Grand Xcaret & Royal Club Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked within an ecological and historical preserve, the all-inclusive Occidental Grand Xcaret captivates guests with spectacular grounds, a pristine coastline and unparalleled service and amenities. Located less than an hour south of Cancun International Airport and ten minutes from renowned Playa del Carmen, this glorious resort boasts winding river channels, free-form pools and a private beach with powder-soft white sand on a quiet cove. The Occidental Grand Xcaret features eleven international restaurants and ten bars to fit every mood and occasion, from a romantic dinner to a lively family meal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Occidental Grand Xcaret & Royal Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.