We stayed at this resort the second week of October 2012 , From the moment my sister my mother and I walked in the resort, we were treated like royalty. The staff at the Royal Club is absolutely amazing. The best complement goes to Joel Vazquez, he was always happy to drive everyone around, He was very helpful and extremely proud of the work he does. I noticed more than once that some guests were not being very kind. Joel handled the situation with such honer and humility, It really showed his character. The girls at the royal club were so helpful, and always had a smile on their faces, Adriana and Lourdes. Every time we walked in they offered us champagne, which tasted so good on such a hot day. Ismael , Javier y Antonio at the royal club restaurant were also friendly and happy. They gave us directions to places to visit and tours to take. Every time they saw us by the pool, we were asked if we needed a drink. Also, I cant forget Magadalena Peluches, she works at the other restaurants on the resort. She works so hard to attend to her tables , it was upsetting to us that a lot of the guests did not tip and acted quite rude towards the servers, however they kept working hard to make sure everyone was having a good time. Magdalena served us one morning and I had forgotten my wallet, I apologized and she just smiled and told me it was a pleasure to serve us. We came back the next morning and she greeted us with the same great smile. Juan Gomez was a great guy to talk to , always happy and full of information.
The rooms at the resort are so clean and nice , the beds are very comfortable, and the grounds are kept immaculate. I will recommend this resort. There is a huge variety of foods at all the restaurants. We did not have a problem trying to get in at all.
I did not know what to expect, because I read mixed reviews about this place but I am so glad that we decided to stay at Occidental grand xcaret. It was a marvelous holiday. I enjoyed my time with my mother and sister. I highly recommend you rent a car, taxis can end up being a big expense. The roads are in great condition. I must add we visited cancun , playa del carmen , isla mujeres, Akumal, and we never felt unsafe. On the contrary, Mexican people look out for tourists. I came back, Mexican at heart. You must go to the show at the grand xcaret park. It is a must see show.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked within an ecological and historical preserve, the all-inclusive Occidental Grand Xcaret captivates guests with spectacular grounds, a pristine coastline and unparalleled service and amenities. Located less than an hour south of Cancun International Airport and ten minutes from renowned Playa del Carmen, this glorious resort boasts winding river channels, free-form pools and a private beach with powder-soft white sand on a quiet cove. The Occidental Grand Xcaret features eleven international restaurants and ten bars to fit every mood and occasion, from a romantic dinner to a lively family meal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Amex, Travelocity, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Occidental Grand Xcaret & Royal Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Xcaret Hotel
- Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret
- Grand Flamenco Xcaret
- Xcaret Grand Occidental
- Occidental Xcaret
- Hotel Xcaret
- Xcaret Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Xcaret Occidental
- Xcaret Hotel
- Grand Occidental Xcaret