My husband and I stayed at this hotel from Jan 21-28. As many others have, we had read many of the reviews and were a little weary but nonetheless kept an open mind. Some of the bad things were no telephones, no remote for the TV, every now and then encountered the "sewer smell" (only after it rained),bank machine sometimes worked sometimes didn't, also you did have to get up early to save a beach/pool chair. How badly did this affect our trip.... Nil. There are phones in the lobby which is just a short and beautiful walk away (the grounds are quite beautiful and well kept). We were not there to watch TV and spent so little time in our room to be bothered by this smell everyone writes about. As far as the bank machines, well that was inconvenient a couple times, but again not a big deal. As far as the chairs, we would take turns and one of us would quickly get up go down to the beach, put a towel on the chairs and then be back in bed, all in about 5 min, then it was right back to sleep.
Some of the good things were definetely the people working there, clean rooms, good food and plenty of beautiful scenery. Everyone, starting from the front desk, to the room maids, to Baltazar the awesome bartender, to the fabulous entertainment and activities group, managed to make our stay a pleasant one. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Loved it! Especially Cuco, Israel, Lupita, Eric, Manolo, Alex Madeline and everyone else (you know who you are)you guys are awesome. We want to thank them for making us have so much fun.
Between the 3 restaurants, there are enough choices of food to not have the same food all the time. It was never cold and always quite tasty. There is enough of a variety to please everyone. The beach is quite beautiful, and although a little rocky here and there, some water shoes can fix that problem.
Overall, our stay was a pleasant one. The little "quarks " we experienced did not affect our vacation. There is plenty to do, or nothing at all if you want to simply relax.
Mr. and Mrs. Mandarin
Please feel free to e-mail any questions
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Ocean Maya Hotel
- Ocean Maya Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Maya
- Ocean Maya Royale Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- .Ocean Maya Royale is a luxury all-inclusive beachfront resort in Riviera Maya, in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean. Offering intimate settings and lush tropical landscapes, this Caribbean gem is very close to Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel and Cancún. Relax and enjoy our Despacio Spa, two swimming pools, exclusive south beach section featuring Balinese sun beds, Dive It! watersports center and our a la carte restaurants, where you can taste the best International cuisine, including our new beachfront La Dolce Vita restaurant. Effective May 1, 2011 Ocean Maya Royale is exclusively an Adults Only resort, a perfect retreat for honeymooners, couples and any one over the age of 18 looking for a more relaxing and sofisticated Caribbean experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, Agoda, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Ocean Maya Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.