My parnter and I just returned home from a week at the Club El Mandarin. We had a very relaxing week.
First the lows - 1.) the beach wasn't that great, but props should be given to the staff for trying to maintain it by keeping it as clean as possible - must be an environmental issue?? 2.) too long of a distance from the main building to the pool; but that can't be helped now that the property is already built - hehe
Lastly the highs - 1.) the Animation Staff was amazing - fun gals and guys that kept the guests going till the wee hours of the morning. Their hospitiality was 2nd to none. 2.) the resort grounds were beautiful - pretty flowers, budding trees, grass that was taken care of and green and plenty of neat local animal life. 3.) the pool - was awesome - big enough for all and we had a great time playing water volleyball. 4.) the all-inclusive way is the way to go - all the booze and food you could ever need or want for the week. 5.) take the tour to Tulum for the Mayan ruins and to Akumal for the snorkeling!! FUN!!
Middle of the road - 1.) the staff was ok - not incredibly personable, but easy to work with non the less. 2.) the food was ok - buffet style does ware on you after a few days. Go into Playa and eat at La Parilla - a fantastic restaurant!!! 3.) the power went out maybe 10 times on Sat and Sun - very annoying but it stopped and as far as we could tell never went out again. We had no problems with our a/c - but it seemed to be a hit or miss thing. Some of our friends had issues, while we did not. 4.) the bugs - there are bugs in Mexico, but again it was hit or miss - some rooms had issues, while others did not.
**Not sure we'll go back to this resort, it won't be next year at least! But, Playa is a fun town and there really is no need to go up to Cancun! Have fun!
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Ocean Maya Hotel
- Ocean Maya Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Maya
- Ocean Maya Royale Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- .Ocean Maya Royale is a luxury all-inclusive beachfront resort in Riviera Maya, in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean. Offering intimate settings and lush tropical landscapes, this Caribbean gem is very close to Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel and Cancún. Relax and enjoy our Despacio Spa, two swimming pools, exclusive south beach section featuring Balinese sun beds, Dive It! watersports center and our a la carte restaurants, where you can taste the best International cuisine, including our new beachfront La Dolce Vita restaurant. Effective May 1, 2011 Ocean Maya Royale is exclusively an Adults Only resort, a perfect retreat for honeymooners, couples and any one over the age of 18 looking for a more relaxing and sofisticated Caribbean experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Ocean Maya Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.