Hi, I am actually at Bravo Club El Mandarin and I was looking forward to a great holiday with great activities, sports and entertainment. I have been in more than 100 Clubs like Club Med, Ventaclub, Robinson, Aldiana, Garden Club, Allegro, Coralia but I never was in such a horrible Resort! First od all: The rooms are good and the food is good, but it is not 5 stars or "first class". It is average, nice decoration, smiling Mexican waiters and bar tenders but a horrible entertainment and activities team. Never saw such a poor service and people, not smiling, not greeting, no "Good morning" no "Hello" or "Hi", some of the girls smile sometimes. But how should they smile and greet if even the Manager doesn^t. No service, no chance to get some help to get a tennis partner! 25 minutes after volleyball is announced still no staff at the volleyball court. Staff is flirting with guests and not doing the job. The village is European has nothing to do with Mexico. They waste a lot of resources, use too much water and produce tons of plastic garbage. At the beach sometimes 3 different musics from 3 different spots, horrible stretching and a horrible programm. Guests are waitinhg permanently for the "primadonnas".
Worst of all is the daily showtime. Sketches about gays and transvestites for more than 1 hour and the entertainment team doesn^t even stop when 50% of the guests have left. I saw programms that Club med played mor than 10 myears ago. Parts of "Cabaret" so so poor and horrible quality: the guy didn't even learn his playback! The members of the team are the ones who laugh most on stage, maybe they find it funny. Dear El Mandarin: I'D LIKE TO HAVE NICE HOLIDAYS. I'LL SPEND THE REST OF MY VACATION IN PLAYA, WILL RENT A CAR AND DRIVE TO MERIDA. No more poor and cheap programms at El Mandarin. If you continue like that, you will have to sell your Resort on the last minute market for low rates. Horrible Resort without emotions, without feelings, with arrogant and ignorant people - my ranking: 100% garbage!
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Ocean Maya Hotel
- Ocean Maya Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Maya
- Ocean Maya Royale Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- .Ocean Maya Royale is a luxury all-inclusive beachfront resort in Riviera Maya, in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean. Offering intimate settings and lush tropical landscapes, this Caribbean gem is very close to Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel and Cancún. Relax and enjoy our Despacio Spa, two swimming pools, exclusive south beach section featuring Balinese sun beds, Dive It! watersports center and our a la carte restaurants, where you can taste the best International cuisine, including our new beachfront La Dolce Vita restaurant. Effective May 1, 2011 Ocean Maya Royale is exclusively an Adults Only resort, a perfect retreat for honeymooners, couples and any one over the age of 18 looking for a more relaxing and sofisticated Caribbean experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Ocean Maya Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.