This hotel changed from a family hotel to an adult only hotel on 1st May. We booked through Thomson holidays on the standard A/I 7 nights holiday. In our experience, the grounds area beautiful, the room was more than adequate although they were sometimes a little slack on re-stocking your mini bar with water etc but we just used to fill our water bottles up at the pool bar. Water and soft drinks were easily accessible at all bars and restaurants. No reservation is required to dine in any of the al la carte restaurants. We ate in alternative ones each evening with sometimes a maximum of an hour wait but if you prepare for this then a pre dinner drink with new found friends is always pleasant. If you really dont want to wait then the buffet restaurant is available with a walk in and eat option. Unfortunately neither tthe Mexican or the Italian restaurants have airconditioning currently but i believe that is something that will be changed fairly soon.
In summary: Beautiful gardens, tasty food in al la carte restaurants, although buffet not bad, we just enjoyed the waiter service and menu options in al la carte.
Pool bar sometimes a little slow on service, but good variety of drinks available and many cocktails to try.
Staff throughout the hotel were very friendly and courteous.
Many trips available to book, but suggest you ask about for other guest feedback as some trips sound fantastic and others really not good value for money.
Currently it is Whale Shark season but i really do not recommend this trip as it cost £140 per person and we spent 10 minutes in the water with the whale sharks. Too many boats out there and really big swells (open sea) Journey takes 2 hours to get to. If you would like more info then please feel free to email me. I am a diver so used to open seas.
Would i go back... Yes, i found the holiday very good value for money and if the restaurants were all airconditioned it would be near on perfect for what we wanted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive luxury in an intimate Caribbean setting, in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Ocean Maya Royale is a luxury all-inclusive beachfront resort in Riviera Maya, in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean. Offering intimate settings and lush tropical landscapes, this Caribbean gem is very close to Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel and Cancun. Relax and enjoy our Despacio Spa, two swimming pools, exclusive south beach section featuring Balinese sun beds, Dive It! Watersports center and our a la carte restaurants, where you can taste the best International cuisine, including our new beachfront La Dolce Vita restaurant. Ocean Maya Royale is exclusively an Adults Only resort, a perfect retreat for couples, honeymooners and any one over the age of 18 looking for a more relaxing and sofisticated Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Ocean Maya Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Ocean Maya Hotel
- Ocean Maya Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Maya
- Ocean Maya Royale Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico