“What a find!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Bagels, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery
Description: We're a small independent coffee shop selling Mexican coffee. The beans are from Chiapas and toasted and blended here in Playa. We have light food to accompany your hot or cold coffees and teas. From filled bagels and croissants to light salads and delicious cakes and cookies. Sanctuary just a block and half from the busy 5th Avenue and right in the centre of town. You can pop in for your coffee fix and a chat or grab one and run. We have a delivery service too if you need us! Free wi-fi and a smile. Hope to see you soon!
London, United Kingdom
“What a find!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stumbled upon this little gem of a shop near the beginning of my trip, as was so glad I did!!!
Just a two minute walk away from the hustle of 5th Avenue I found the best coffee in all of Playa, add this to the delicious snacks on offer and the most genial host you could wish to meet make this place a five star winner!!!
Paul, the owner, made me feel so welcome, offered his recommendations from his own small but lovely menu and had plenty of great suggestions for restaurants and sights to see in the area during my stay that really enhanced my trip, I ended up visiting practically every day often more than once.
The atmosphere of the place suited me down to the ground, relaxed and easy going, and the number of locals I saw regularly in there says it all.
In short, my one piece of advice to anyone visiting Playa del Carmen is to walk the extra 50 meters past Starmucks and find yourself a REAL coffee....

• Visited September 2013

95% Recommend
Brighton
“More of the same”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Having read so many good reviews on TA I decided to drop in and check it out for myself and I certainly wasn't disappointed. I had a turkey and cheese bagel accompanied by some jalapeno peppers ( Paul's suggestion ) and an americano coffee both of which were delicious. I managed to spend over an hour chatting to fellow customers, such is the relaxed ambiance inside this small coffee shop. Paul then spent 5-10 mins of his time giving me lots of useful local information which was most welcome.

• Visited October 2013
Durham, North Carolina
“Amazing coffee, great place to sit and chat! Paul made us feel so welcome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is a quaint little coffee shop owned by Paul, a British expat. He is the most friendly guy and it was a pleasure chatting with him. He immediately makes you feel welcome. Not to mention, the coffee is amazing. He uses fresh local beans, the flavor is unique with a smooth flavor. He even ordered us a bag of the coffee beans he uses from his supplier so we could take it home. It is really good! There are some great looking deserts including this chocolate cake that he sells. We didn't have any but they looked amazing! Highly recommend this place and meeting Paul. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited August 2013
“Killer carrot cake!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We stopped by fir a light lunch. My boyfriend had the plain cream cheese bagle (tasty but a bit small for a guy) and i had the salmon and cream cheese bagle (Awesome!!!) the owner (i forgot the name) was very hosty and take a really good care of us! He offered us a carrot cake and choclate cake and both were amazing! Its a really good place for a quick nice light lunch!

• Visited September 2013
atlanta
“my friend paul/eva”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

All the reviews have said it all---this is my favorite place in all of Playa to stop by (pun intended) to chat, get info on where to find anything you need here (and Paul has helped me out on numerous occasions) and of course his delicious food ---love the bagels and the desserts are to die for...Please, give it a try and you will not be disappointed---It is my "home away from home"!!!

• Visited August 2013