“This is how Coffee should be !!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Bagels, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery
Description: We're a small independent coffee shop selling Mexican coffee. The beans are from Chiapas and toasted and blended here in Playa. We have light food to accompany your hot or cold coffees and teas. From filled bagels and croissants to light salads and delicious cakes and cookies. Sanctuary just a block and half from the busy 5th Avenue and right in the centre of town. You can pop in for your coffee fix and a chat or grab one and run. We have a delivery service too if you need us! Free wi-fi and a smile. Hope to see you soon!
Olive Branch, Mississippi
“This is how Coffee should be !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Well what can I say about this Coffee House. other than it is great.

Paul the owner is very curtious and he is down to earth, he explained about his shop and the other hidden gems in Playa, His coffee is Faboulous it is a Mexican Grown coffee and it is rosted in Playa Del Carmen , so it is never over 3 or 4 days old. He brought out some beans for us to taste and eat and the ywe oh so fresh that they were like chips I could have ate them all. I recommend this place hands down and it blows STARBUCKS AWAY !!!!!! Real Coffee at a Real Coffee house !!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

95% Recommend
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“Great Coffee and local area expert”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Paul who owns and works the counter is great. His knowledge of coffee and preparation can give the brand of "Starbucks" a few lessons in how to make good coffee. Though off the craziness of La Avenida Quinta, which is a blessing in itself, provides you with the time to appreciate the phrase "wake up and smell the coffee". His knowledge of the local area is also vast, especially when it comes to the places to eat that are "not on the beaten path" of La Avenida Quinta". Many of the places/restaurants he suggests are shops like his, small, quaint, good food and well priced.

Visited June 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice guy, great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Paul is a great guy, he took a lot of time to tell us about the nice places in town. Coffee was good as well.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Paul is wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My wife and I were in Playa del Carmen for a week, and we came to The Coffee Stop 4 times. That should tell you something. I'm not a big coffee drinker, but my wife is, and she loved the coffee. My only tip food-wise is this: if you are there when they have chocolate cake... GET IT. Seriously some of the best chocolate cake I've ever eaten.

The owner, Paul, is what makes this place great. On our first trip, we expressed dissatisfaction with our resort's food. Paul recommended a whole list of places to eat. By the time we left town, we'd eaten at all of them, and every single one was delicious. Paul knows his food!

So basically, come for the coffee, stay for the conversation. Great little place!!!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Local coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I went on tripadvisor to find somewhere to have coffee in Playa del Carmen besides Starbucks. My boyfriend and I were very happy with Coffee Stop. The coffee was smooth, fresh, and delicious. I loved that it was purchased locally. The owner, Paul was incredibly social and so helpful in making sure we got the most out of our experience while on vacation. He even told us about other coffee shops to visit since we are early risers and he doesn't open until 8am. We liked him so much, we made a point to wait until he opened for our first cup of coffee. Sometimes we even went back for a cold one in the afternoon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere