“Paul is wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Bagels, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Description: We're a small independent coffee shop selling Mexican coffee. The beans are from Chiapas and toasted and blended here in Playa. We have light food to accompany your hot or cold coffees and teas. From filled bagels and croissants to light salads and delicious cakes and cookies. Sanctuary just a block and half from the busy 5th Avenue and right in the centre of town. You can pop in for your coffee fix and a chat or grab one and run. We have a delivery service too if you need us! Free wi-fi and a smile. Hope to see you soon!
“Paul is wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My wife and I were in Playa del Carmen for a week, and we came to The Coffee Stop 4 times. That should tell you something. I'm not a big coffee drinker, but my wife is, and she loved the coffee. My only tip food-wise is this: if you are there when they have chocolate cake... GET IT. Seriously some of the best chocolate cake I've ever eaten.

The owner, Paul, is what makes this place great. On our first trip, we expressed dissatisfaction with our resort's food. Paul recommended a whole list of places to eat. By the time we left town, we'd eaten at all of them, and every single one was delicious. Paul knows his food!

So basically, come for the coffee, stay for the conversation. Great little place!!!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Local coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I went on tripadvisor to find somewhere to have coffee in Playa del Carmen besides Starbucks. My boyfriend and I were very happy with Coffee Stop. The coffee was smooth, fresh, and delicious. I loved that it was purchased locally. The owner, Paul was incredibly social and so helpful in making sure we got the most out of our experience while on vacation. He even told us about other coffee shops to visit since we are early risers and he doesn't open until 8am. We liked him so much, we made a point to wait until he opened for our first cup of coffee. Sometimes we even went back for a cold one in the afternoon.

Piedras Negras, Coahuila de Zaragoza, Mexico
“Best Coffee in Playa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I tried Tiramisu, ah cacao, the Italian Coffee Company and Coffee Stop is superior to all of them.

The Coffee is delicious and the service is pretty good Paul is a very likable and sociable fellow.

I lost my wallet on the 5th av. walk and he was as worried as i was or even more, a really nice guy.

If you go to Playa give yourself a couple of minutes and go to Coffee Stop even if you are not a heavy coffee drinker ( i usually don't drink more than a cup of coffee every 2 or 3 days), you could end up greatly surprised.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A great wee coffee shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I went here after reading good reviews on tripadvisor and I was not disappointed. I arrived in Playa and my first stop was here for one if the best coffees I've had I work in coffee shop at home so I'm a bit of a coffee snob. The coffee was well worth the visit but what also made it worthwhile was the owner Paul the most helpful guy, I went to playa for a week and was looking for accommodation and place to eat ect, Paul told me loads of hotels and even wrote me a list of restaurants that he recommended that he had eaten in. Top guy and top coffee

• Visited May 2013
cork
“Excellent coffee in Playa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

A Delicious coffee fix served with plenty of helpful chat. The owner kindly showed us some places to check while here.A great little coffee shop!

• Visited May 2013