“Best Coffee in Playa” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Bagels, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery
Description: We're a small independent coffee shop selling Mexican coffee. The beans are from Chiapas and toasted and blended here in Playa. We have light food to accompany your hot or cold coffees and teas. From filled bagels and croissants to light salads and delicious cakes and cookies. Sanctuary just a block and half from the busy 5th Avenue and right in the centre of town. You can pop in for your coffee fix and a chat or grab one and run. We have a delivery service too if you need us! Free wi-fi and a smile. Hope to see you soon!
Piedras Negras, Coahuila de Zaragoza, Mexico
“Best Coffee in Playa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I tried Tiramisu, ah cacao, the Italian Coffee Company and Coffee Stop is superior to all of them.

The Coffee is delicious and the service is pretty good Paul is a very likable and sociable fellow.

I lost my wallet on the 5th av. walk and he was as worried as i was or even more, a really nice guy.

If you go to Playa give yourself a couple of minutes and go to Coffee Stop even if you are not a heavy coffee drinker ( i usually don't drink more than a cup of coffee every 2 or 3 days), you could end up greatly surprised.

• Visited June 2013

95% Recommend
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A great wee coffee shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I went here after reading good reviews on tripadvisor and I was not disappointed. I arrived in Playa and my first stop was here for one if the best coffees I've had I work in coffee shop at home so I'm a bit of a coffee snob. The coffee was well worth the visit but what also made it worthwhile was the owner Paul the most helpful guy, I went to playa for a week and was looking for accommodation and place to eat ect, Paul told me loads of hotels and even wrote me a list of restaurants that he recommended that he had eaten in. Top guy and top coffee

• Visited May 2013
cork
“Excellent coffee in Playa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

A Delicious coffee fix served with plenty of helpful chat. The owner kindly showed us some places to check while here.A great little coffee shop!

• Visited May 2013
Gallup, New Mexico
“My local daily Stop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Paul is great, and so is his little cafe'! Great morning coffee, great afternoon iced blended frappe, and no i don't want any more sugar on this trip, but then Paul pulls out this great looking chocolate concoction, so, okay, i'll have just a small slice . . . paradise!!!
Great conversation with Paul and sitting back and visiting with whoever was there, exchanging Playa stories and solving all the worlds problems! I laugh as I write this as it just felt like we were all family! Thank you, Paul!!

ps: Playa is filled with wonderful local family businesses to support, get great service, get to know the owners and families, meet new people. . . priceless!

• Visited April 2013
Bermuda
“Best coffee in Playa hands down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The coffee in this place is excellent. We tried the coffees, frapes and lattees and all were delicious. My favourite was definitely the caramel frappe. The owner Paul from London is a great guy and gave us great advice on nearby restaurants and attractions. This place is more of a takeout stop but there are 2 tables to sit inside as well. We didn't try the breakfast or lunch food but it seems like he keeps it quality and simple. Bagels with smoked salmon etc. We did have one homemade cookie though which was great. Make sure you stop by this place for a cold frappe on a hot day.

• Visited March 2013