So, I cannot possibly put it into words how much having stayed at this locating enhanced my experience in Playa. It was not my first or second trip to Playa, but for the first time I was traveling with friends. We stayed at the suit with the balcony overlooking 5th avenue which seemed a little small for 3 people, but worked out just fine. As the hotel's website says, this place is not for those who are looking to sleep at 10pm. There is a bar next door (which has great drinks I must say - try one of their Monster shots, come back and thank me!) which has great live music every night which start at 6pm and ends around 12:30 - 1:00am. I was with friends, so picture yourself with friends, sitting at the balcony people watching, drinking a beer, and listening to live free entertainment?! it was just awesome. We never planned to sleep early, so the music never actually bothered us - I just have a lot of songs that bring me right back to that place now! This hotel is a great value, and I really really hope I can have the same room, and same balcony next time I am in town! I met the owner who is a lovely very cool lady, and her husband who was a pleasant gentleman. The maid service was spotless and the people who work at the hotel were always willing and able to help.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Freud (Hotel Posada Freud) is located on 5th Avenue, the most famous pedestrian zone of the Riviera Maya, between 8th and 10th Streets, in the heart of Playa del Carmen. The comfortable PENTHOUSE is perfect for big parties up to 12 people, the other ROOMS accommodate from 1 to 4 people. CASA FREUD is surrounded by countless discos, bars, restaurants, cafés, boutique and handicraft shops, spas, travel and tour agencies, dive shops, real estate offices and more. Experience the lively pulsating scene out on the town and then dive into the relaxed atmosphere of our shady garden filled with tropical almond trees. PLEASE NOTE: Our location is the right place for people who plan to enjoy the day and have an active nightlife, but not for people, who love early nights. Because there is live music at our neighbor’s bar nightly from 7:00pm to 12:00am and their bar closes at 2:00am.Casa Freud is just a three-minute walk to the white sandy beach and the several shades of the crystal blue Caribbean sea. Sounds like a Freud dream but THIS one’s very real! Our go-to beach club, Lido Bar, is a centrally located bar and beach club, between 10th and 12th Streets and it offers Casa Freud guests lounge chairs, washrooms and shower in exchange for just one order of food or drink.A 1-week minimum stay for ROOMS3 nights minimum stay for the PENTHOUSE ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Hotel Posada Freud reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Freud Hotel
- Posada Freud Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel Posada Freud Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico