When I go to Mexico I usually stay in more than one hotel in my 10 day vacation. A value hotel and a swankier one. I like being in 2 different locations, saving money, getting the feel of different neighborhoods, and one is a clunker, well, I'm not there the whole time.
Posada Freud in my value hotel that I have gone back to again and again. The location is terrific. A dozen places to eat within steps, people watching from your hotel and well, you are right in the thick of it. Looking for peace and quiet this wont be it. There is a place just out your door that plays music late. You'll probably be fine with earplugs and a noise machine at your side.
This is also a hotel that some charm to it compared to some of the dorm like rooms I have stayed in. Balcony, hammock, little courtyard.
My splurge places are spots in Tulum or La Tortuga, but because it's between 100-250 dollars cheaper a night than I spend in other places, this place has a special place in my heart.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Freud (Hotel Posada Freud) is located on 5th Avenue, the most famous pedestrian zone of the Riviera Maya, between 8th and 10th Streets, in the heart of Playa del Carmen. The comfortable PENTHOUSE is perfect for big parties up to 12 people, the other ROOMS accommodate from 1 to 4 people. CASA FREUD is surrounded by countless discos, bars, restaurants, cafés, boutique and handicraft shops, spas, travel and tour agencies, dive shops, real estate offices and more. Experience the lively pulsating scene out on the town and then dive into the relaxed atmosphere of our shady garden filled with tropical almond trees. PLEASE NOTE: Our location is the right place for people who plan to enjoy the day and have an active nightlife, but not for people, who love early nights. Because there is live music at our neighbor’s bar nightly from 7:00pm to 12:00am and their bar closes at 2:00am.Casa Freud is just a three-minute walk to the white sandy beach and the several shades of the crystal blue Caribbean sea. Sounds like a Freud dream but THIS one’s very real! Our go-to beach club, Lido Bar, is a centrally located bar and beach club, between 10th and 12th Streets and it offers Casa Freud guests lounge chairs, washrooms and shower in exchange for just one order of food or drink.A 1-week minimum stay for ROOMS3 nights minimum stay for the PENTHOUSE ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Hotel Posada Freud reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Freud Hotel
- Posada Freud Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel Posada Freud Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico