we stayed at 3 places in Playa 2 years ago, and loved Posada Freud (giving it a good review on this site) and so headed back there this year. Last time we felt that we had a great room at a good price, with the only pitfall being the late (3am), loud music.
Sadly,we felt it had let itself go a bit this visit. We walked right on past as the whole front was in darkness, not even the hotel sign was lit up and the reception guy was sat in the dark. We had our old room- minus the fridge (which was replaced) and hot water (which we never got). The crockery was much depleted and the cutlery was down to 2 forks and a spoon. The loud music also went on later than our first visit, heard even through ear-plugs.
We had planned 4 more days there at the end of our holiday, but found a bigger, quieter, cheaper room with full self-catering utensils. Sorry Posada, our love of you has waned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Freud (Hotel Posada Freud) is located on 5th Avenue, the most famous pedestrian zone of the Riviera Maya, between 8th and 10th Streets, in the heart of Playa del Carmen. The comfortable PENTHOUSE is perfect for big parties up to 12 people, the other ROOMS accommodate from 1 to 4 people. CASA FREUD is surrounded by countless discos, bars, restaurants, cafés, boutique and handicraft shops, spas, travel and tour agencies, dive shops, real estate offices and more. Experience the lively pulsating scene out on the town and then dive into the relaxed atmosphere of our shady garden filled with tropical almond trees. PLEASE NOTE: Our location is the right place for people who plan to enjoy the day and have an active nightlife, but not for people, who love early nights. Because there is live music at our neighbor’s bar nightly from 7:00pm to 12:00am and their bar closes at 2:00am.Casa Freud is just a three-minute walk to the white sandy beach and the several shades of the crystal blue Caribbean sea. Sounds like a Freud dream but THIS one’s very real! Our go-to beach club, Lido Bar, is a centrally located bar and beach club, between 10th and 12th Streets and it offers Casa Freud guests lounge chairs, washrooms and shower in exchange for just one order of food or drink.A 1-week minimum stay for ROOMS3 nights minimum stay for the PENTHOUSE ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hotel Posada Freud reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Freud Hotel
- Posada Freud Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel Posada Freud Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico