“Best Service Ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Diamond Riviera Maya by BlueBay

You added Blue Diamond Riviera Maya by BlueBay to your Saves list
Blue Diamond Riviera Maya by BlueBay
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Km. 298.8 Carretera #307, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #44 of 201 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
“Best Service Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My wife and I take about 4 vacations a year, so we have the opportunity to experience several resorts. First of all, this a perfect place for couples. It's very quite and peaceful. More importantly the Blue Diamond has the best service hands down. Everyone from the management to the maintenance personal were excellent. One day we got a little turned around and a maintenance gut noticed. He came over and asked what we were looking for then gave us ride. In all of my vacations I have never seen a staff that is so customer oriented. In my opinion the most important asset of any resort is their staff. This is the best staff/customer service we've ever experienced.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Gabriella C, Director de Recepción at Blue Diamond Riviera Maya by BlueBay, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience with us, it is great to know that we fulfill your expectation and be sure we will share your comments with our staff.

Hope to see you back in the near future, it would be a pleasure to assist you again!!

Gabriella Cangiano
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Korean first
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed for eight days and I can't say enough good things about the staff, the hotel, the rooms and the food. First impression...I was blown away by the hotel entrance, very simple yet elegant. We were overwhelmed by the 4 large trees, exotic fountains and the largest palm-thatched roof structure I ever saw. The floors were dark, polished wood and all the furniture was elegantly designed in an oriental style with a lot of exotic dark wood and natural stone. The site was very linear with the more expensive suites closer to the beach. The guests were driven by hotel staff on golf carts, 24/7 and the service was excellent. The Hotel - is relatively new, only 128 rooms but the architecture was first-rate. We stayed in the Laguna suite overlooking the lagoon...we loved it, Natural bamboo floors and polished marble trim and natural stone everywhere. I loved the bathroom with the dual showers and the outdoor bath! The bedroom overlooked the lagoon and the entire garden was very well maintained. Yes, the air conditioning was a problem but the hotel brought in 2 fans and that made it very comfortable.
The staff - I think that the hotel staff can make or break the whole vacation experience and this hotel had one of the best. Everyone was warm and friendly and they were practically tripping over one another to serve you. We loved everyone from Sergio who drove the golf carts, the head waiters, Martin and Rogelio, the servers Roman, Jesus, Gabriel, Omar; the housekeeper, Olga, and Erwin, Sophia in Guest Services. These people work very hard and there are more people behind the scenes, the maintenance staff, the gardeners, the cooks and kitchen staff the drives the experience
The Food - If you're looking to load your plate in the buffet line, this is NOT the place for you. All the dishes are especially prepared and artistically done. The fruits and vegetables are all fresh and the fish and meats are great. They have 2 restaurants; the informal Maya is located at the beach and the Amber Restaurant that is more elegant and closer to the lagoons.
The Beach - the beach has clean white sand and clear, blue water. The numerous coconut palms that line the beach provides shading for the numerous lounge chairs. The water is warm and be careful of the rocks. The beach is very clean and is raked regularly.
The Entertainment - we signed up for sushi making and ceviche classes and there is live music both at the pool and the restaurants were pretty good but we never received any notice about the entertainment and we ended up missing the Mayan dancers
The Spa - is the heart of the resort with its complex of wonderfully designed pools, spas, exercise rooms, sauna, massage and yoga rooms. The services are very reasonably priced and the service is excellent. The decor is very tastefully done with oriental touches of exotic wood and natural stone. I love this place and wished I could to spent more time here.
I would like to thank Blue Bay organization for an unforgettable experience. It was well worth every penny we spent, however, there a few negatives. We went in early August and a huge negative was the mosquitos. The hotel is in the middle of a mangrove forest and the humidity didn't help. The hotel gives everyone of their guest mosquito spray and we almost ran out. As long as you closed your rooms and hung out on the beach it was fine. Another negative was the Timeshare sales pitch that we unknowingly signed up for. When you pay the money that we paid for our vacation, the last thing we needed was a Timeshare sales presentation

Room Tip: We wanted to stay in the Casita near the beach but it was little too pricey and there were only a ha...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Gabriella C, Director de Recepción at Blue Diamond Riviera Maya by BlueBay, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank you for posting your experience at our resort and to learn that you had a nice experience. It is good to know that you appreciated the accommodating of our facilities, the variety in our food offer, the sushi and ceviche classes, the beauty and services of our SPA.

In your review, you thank you us for an unforgettable experience, but we are the ones who has to thank you to make us part of this experience chosing our hotel to spend your holidays.

I already shared your nice comments with our staff and we all are waiting for your coming back in the near future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed at the Blue Diamond for 6 nights in july and were amazed by the calm feeling that came over us as soon as we arrived. The reception area has an oriental feel with water features and lots of exotic wooden furniture. We were welcomed with a cold towel and glass of champagne which was very nice after our flight. Our cases were taken from us by manuel who was lovely and told us lots about the hotel enroute to our patio suite with pool. The room was amazing with 2 bathrooms, living room, walk in wardrobe and beautiful bedroom with a super comfy bed. The room had a well stocked mini bar, great air con and a wonderful garden with plunge pool and private pool.
The food was very good every meal had care and attention in both aesthetics and taste, even the food by the beach bar was tasty and was brought to you on the beach. There are two restraints for the evening meal and although the menu's were not vast everything was beautiful and the artists deserts are a site to behold.
The spa facilities are very good and the treatments even better definitely worth the money and a visit, other activities are limited although plenty of water sports and external trips are offered at a premium we did the snorkeling trip which was free and if you stayed with the guide got to see some amazing coral and fish. The entertainment was very low key although for me this was perfect and created a lovely atmosphere. One night a fab lady created a game of mr and mrs!!
All in all I loved every minute I was there and was sad to leave even though we were moving on to another destination! I must thank all the staff they were great I wish I could remember all there names but Sergio, Manuel,Jesus,Cesar,Javier and everyone were fab thanks for a very memorable trip.

Dear Guest,

It is gratifying to learn that you found satisfactory our service, food and facilities. We want to restate our gratitude for choosing Blue Diamond as your vacation destination, and also for taking your time to share your opinion with the community.
Be sure we will send on your comments to the staff you have mentioned.
We will be more than glad to welcome you one more time on the near future.
Kind Regards,
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

There are not enough wonderful things to say about this resort! It was absolutely beautiful, and the staff were the friendliest anywhere I've ever been! We had our wedding on the pier, and all of our guests want to have a reunion there next year. It is and will be one of my most treasured memories.
Breakfast was my favorite time of the day...beachside with the wait staff jumping for your every request with a smile. Patricia was our wedding planner, and she was so understanding and kind - even when I know I wasn't. Cesar, Jesus, Javier, and Guillermo were SPECTACULAR just to name a few...and to be honest, I just don't know how to spell the other names - I should have written them down. We splurged on a beach house casita, and IT WAS WORTH IT!!! There wasn't ever a time when all of our needs were answered and met with a smile. The couples massage was worth every penny! You could spend a few days JUST at the spa - not just the services, but the all that was availble at no cost!

The only two complaints seemed to be that there was not enough variety in the food; however, it was still over the top fabulous - and that there was sometimes too long of a wait for the golf carts (how you get around the property there)....you can rent bikes though, and your back to your place in less than a minute.
You might think that it would be dragon breath hot there this time of year, but it was windy and beautiful - especially beachside.

Room Tip: The beach house casita is worth every penny! KEEP YOUR DOOR TO THE BATHRROM CLOSED AT ALL TIMES..the...
Dear Guests,

First of all we would really thank you for having choosen our hotel to spend your holidays and to celebrate such an important event with us, giving us the chance to be part of an unforgettable moment!!

We are so glad to know that your wedding has been according your expectations and we are all waiting for your next visit with all your guests.

Be sure that I will share your beautiful comments with each of the staff that you have nominated and I even would like to inform you that since your last visit we have updated our food offer and disminished the golf cars waiting thank to the bicycles.

Hope to see you for your 1st anniversary!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

I was in the Blue Diamond for one week in July, the property is beautiful and the rooms are very comfortable and clean, well iluminated and nice decor.
If you want to be relaxed and pampered this is the right place, there is a peaceful atmosphere in all the resort.
The food is delicious and very high quality, there is no buffet, you order a la carte.
The staff is the best!!!, they are always willing to help, they are good people and the service is outstanding. You just have to make a wish and they will do everything to make it come true!
I would like to thank Memo (from the bar), Darwin, Cesar (from the beach), Dagoberto and Mariel. They made this vacations our best time ever!

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Guest,

first of all thank you for having taken the time to share your wonderful review, it was a pleasure to assist you!!

We are so glad that you had a relaxed stay with us and enjoyed and all our services and facilities.
Thank you also for your kind comments about our staff, we are a nice team working together with the main goal to exceed our guest´s expectations:)
It will be a pleasure to serve you again real soon and thank you again for your nice review and for selecting our resort.

Kind Regards,
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We recently visited this property for a quick 2-day trip and were SO sad to leave. We had the best time here! The staff was so friendly and helpful, which made the experience absolutely exceptional! The room was VERY romantic and the view were beautiful - we loved the bikes that we were able to ride to and from the beach, spa, pool, etc. and the golf carts that took as anywhere we wanted to go, at anytime! Both Sergio and Florice were exceptional and took such great care of us! Their smiling faces and great conversation made us feel very welcomed and comfortable! Definitely check out the spa when you come here - it's amazing!! Both restaurants and bars were beautiful and the food was absolutely incredible!! We did go on the snorkeling excursion and we were not happy with it (so we would not recommend it to others)....the actual views in the water were beautiful, but there was no direction from the boat drivers and snorkel guide as to where we were going or what we were doing. They spoke very little English and were not communicating with us - we didn't know where we were going, how far out, and luckily we had already snorkeled because there was not any instruction. The boat was very tiny and a little scary - lets just say, we were VERY happy to be back on land when the 1.5 hr adventure was over. Thank you Blue Diamond for giving us an amazing trip to the Riviera Maya - we will DEFINITELY be back VERY soon!!!

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the staff of Blue Diamond I would like to thank you for your awesome review and for your preference.
We are so glad that you had a blast with us and that you would like to come back to our resort in a near future.
We will gladly share your great review with all our hotel staff, they really deserve your compliments:)
We hope to see you soon and thank you again for your nice review and for your preference.

League City, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This resort is truly beautiful and the staff always had a smile on their face and eager to help. We stayed 7 nights and had issues with our room almost everyday of our trip.
When we got there our air conditioner did not work. I would think they would have caught that before we got there. After sweating for an hour we changed to another room where the air conditioner worked but we had to keep the room all closed up if we wanted to be cool at night so we did not get to enjoy the view from our room.
A few minutes after we switched our room we realized the refrigerator did not work so maintenance had to come back and fix the fridge which took a while. The next problem was the volume on the tv went out. So we had lots of problems with the maintenance in our room. I guess they don't pre-check your room before you arrive.

The resort was small like we wanted and everyone was so happy and nice we did have a wonderful time. I would recommend it for a nice quiet, small, beautiful place but the issues in the room I think you would need to expect these kinds of problems.
The food selection was limited same menu everyday we actually went into town a couple of times to eat we were sick of the same food.

I don't know if I will ever go back to this resort? It was very unique and beautiful but I just don't know at this time if I will return again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations regarding your stay at our property. It is good to learn that you appreciated the beauty of our facilities and the kindness of our staff although we regret that some aspects of your stay, like our food and the manteinance issues made your stay not as expected.

In regard to this matters we like to inform that since your last visit, we have updated our food offer and that we have applied manteinance work to the A/C line to improve the power of this service due to the high temperature of this season.

We really hope that you decide to come back in the near future and to give us the chance to show you that our guest's comments are very important for us and that we have worked on your useful review.

My Best Regards,

Been to Blue Diamond Riviera Maya by BlueBay? Share your experiences!