“Amazing rooftop lounge and pool” 5 of 5 stars

Deseo Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5a Avenida y calle 12, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #85 of 201 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Amazing rooftop lounge and pool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

People walking down the street would never know that this very chill very cool lounge is only a few steps above them. Black and white movies are projected on the building next door, and the pool and unique seating with the lounge music in the background make for a great place to relax away from the craziness on the street below.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Juan M, Director General at Deseo Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Mike,

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed Hotel DESEO so much.
It is very important for me and all the staff to know that our customers leave so happy. I will let my team know about your comment.
We all hope you come back again soon.
Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Salvador de Bahia, Brazil - SSA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Perfect place for young adults and those young at heart. Party is everywhere around you!
Staff members are great. Pool bar is a must go.
ATTENTION: no onsite parking and guests must be able to climb up stairways to rooms (no elevator).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Eabud,

It was very nice to host you at DESEO.
It makes us very happy to know you had such a good time at our hotel.
We hope you come back soon.
Thank you for taking some time to write your comments.
Kind regards.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Great place to stay while in Playa del Carmen. Service is excellent, rooms are clean and elegant and the common areas are stylish and relaxing. The location is right on 5th Avenue, so you will be near all of the restaurants, bars and the beach. The reception are very helpful and they have towels for the beach, discounts for the the beach bars and a discount card for the "The Gym," which is a great gym that was a short walking distance from the hotel. The hotel has stylish sun beds and chairs by the rooftop bar and pool. My girlfriend and I would step into the pool after our day and have a drink while relaxing in the water and watching the old films projected onto the hotel's wall.

I have visited Playa del Carmen many times and we very impressed with our stay while at Deseo. I would seriously recommend Deseo to all my friends and easily can see myself visiting again soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Joelarias,

It was so nice to have you staying at DESEO.
I am glad you enjoyed our place as well as the ones we sent you.
It would be amazing to see you soon at DESEO.
Thank you for recommending us with so much enthusiasm.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Cool place, great design - clean lines, very simple and for that reason beautiful. It's an ideal place if you would like to stay for a couple nights and enjoy the day / nightlife of Playa, as it's located right in the middle of 5th Avenue. Deseo has a small pool that is great for chilling out if you don't feel like going to the beach. But if you do they've partnered with a few really nice beach hotels and you can use their beach clubs. They also give you discount to a local (very good) gym.

The bar area is really nice, we enjoy the music they played a lot.

Manager, Juan was very attentive - let us checked out much later than we should without any charge and waitress Paula went the extra mile to make the day we spent in the bar / pool area very enjoyable. Also the other guys were nice and helpful.

The only point minus would be for the continental breakfast (included in the price) - nothing special - quite a limited choice.

We really enjoyed our short stay at Deseo and will come back. The hotel is ideal for young couples that enjoy great music, like design and want to stay in heart of Playa.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Zuzu,

An oasis of peace is exactly what DESEO is meant to be.
It makes us very proud to know we can transmit that to our guests.
Thank you very much for you comments on the good service and beautiful design.
I hope you come back really soon.
Vienna
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We decided to stay there even though we knew, that this place was supposed to be noisy as we liked the design...it was a mistake.
You won't get a lot of sleep as the walls are thin, the bar is loud and there's a lot of street noise. They offer ear plugs, which didn't really help.
The rooms are spartanic and ours not really clean. The pool area is nice and so is the bar, which serves nice cocktails.
But this is definitely no place for relaxation. If you like to party and spend the nights out, you will probably like it, otherwise you should search for something else.
The staff was very friendly and attentive and they tried everything to make us feel welcome.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

If you don't want to sleep at night, this is the place for you!
The room was nice, but over priced for what is was, the was no view as the glass was frosted.
Which was just as well, as the only view you got when the door was open was the Hotel Bar.
The Breakfast bar was a joke, the service charge for it was more than the cost to eat breakfast elsewhere.
There was no security that I was aware of, people could walk off the street at any time of day or night, even if the bar & poor area was unattended.
Very early one morning, I was woke up by a group of people having their very own private party, no problem with that. However, Later that morning I met one of the "party couples", nice people, however I was surprised to find our that they were not staying at the hotel.
When I mentioned this at hotel, they simply shrugged their shoulders at me.
On checking into the hotel, I challenged the room rate, I was offered a discount, I asked to see the manager, he never arrived over a four day stay.
On checking out, the promised discount was not taken off the bill.
Long story short, the Manager eventually arrived, I made my case, agreed a new price and settled my bill.
It was very stressful.
There is an outstanding issue of a 20% deposit paid, which the Hotel claim was never paid to them.
I booked this hotel using the Mr & Mrs Smith, they may need to rethink recommending this hotel as a hotel, as it's really just nice rooms, thats it.

Room Tip: From the others guests that i talked to, there are no good room to book. There are no rooms with a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

On a recommendation I came to Deseo for late afternoon drinks (I was stayed in another hotel up on 5th). It's such a cool space, I loved the music they constantly have playing and the staff are really nice (and cute!).
I came here a number of times, was allowed to have a dip in the pool (even though they knew I wasn't a guest) and met some people who were staying at Deseo. They showed me through the corner room at the front- so cool!!
If I ever come back to Playa this is where I'm staying without a doubt. Its the best location too and my favourite club (La Santanera) is right around the corner.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Deseo Hotel? Share your experiences!