My husband and I spent our honeymoon week at the Viceroy Riviera Maya in October 2012 and it was beautiful! We wanted seclusion with exotic luxury and I believe we found it! The service was impeccable without being stuffy, there were only 3 or 4 other couples there during part of our week, and the weather was great (considering it was hurricane season.) Hector and Pepe made sure all of our needs and wants were met. Hector even surprised us by calling ahead to another restaurant outside of the resort to make sure they knew we were honeymooning, and they had a special romantic dessert prepared for us!
The accommodations are unique and comfortable, and the food exceptional. HOWEVER, unfortunately I got major mosquito bites that made large bruises all over and took weeks to totally heal. The resort DOES provide bug spray and citronella candles for the rooms, but if you go out of your room in the evening make sure you arm yourself with bugspray.
The only other drawback is that the resort is on a rocky shoreline, so if you are looking to wade in shallow beachy surf with soft sand, you'll have to walk down the beach away from the resort. But we felt the service and accommodations make up for that. We highly recommend the Viceroy for a romantic, intimate getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 35 minutes from Cancun International Airport and three miles from popular Playa del Carmen, Viceroy Riviera Maya is a serene hideaway set on the turquoise Caribbean amid a lush jungle ambiance. As Riviera Maya’s #1 resort in Conde Nast Traveler’s 2011 Readers’ Choice Awards, Viceroy offers world-class amenities, personalized pampering, exquisitely appointed villa accommodations with private patio and plunge pool, refined Mexican cuisine accented with international touches at La Marea and Mexican-Mediterranean fare at the seaside Coral Grill. Mayan influences abound, from the Mayan Blessing performed on arrival by the resort’s Shaman to the Mayan healing techniques offered at the award-winning spa. A Lagoon Pool, private pier, fitness center and traditional temazcal sweatlodge are among the resort’s many other pleasures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Amex, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Viceroy Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Tides Riviera Maya Hotel
- Tides Riviera Maya Resort
- Ikal Del Mar
- Viceroy Riviera Maya Playa Del Carmen, Mexico