“I wouldn't go anywhere else but LIDO” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lido Club de Playa

Lido Club de Playa
Zona maritima entre calles 10 y 12 | Interior Hotel Colibri Beach, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: Just a few sandy steps from your hotel room, you can experience Colibri's Beach very own bar and restaurant, Lido Beach Club. This beachfront escape offers a taste of Playa del Carmen's laid-back and eclectic roots.Sway the day away on a breezy bar swing as you enjoy the caribbean ocean's 'seven shades of blue'. Cool off savoring one of our famous cocktails or an ice-cold cerveza.Our three varieties of comfort lounge seating will ensure that no surface goes un-bronzed. And for the shade seekers, take refuge under one of our many private palapas.Lido's chef will satisfy your vacationer's appetite with an inspired selection of international fare. Don't forget to ask your courteous waiter about the daily specials!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“I wouldn't go anywhere else but LIDO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I were in Playa in January 2013 and spent many days at the LIDO beach club. I am big on VALUE and this place offered the very best value to me. We found the waitstaff - Carla,Laura,and Gabby to be exceptional, the food amazing and the atmosphere quite to our liking - not to crazy wild but vibrant enough to be fun. Not too many little kids either which was nice. (I am a parent and I love my children, I jjst don't care to vacation with other peoples screaming kids!)

The beach beds are lime green and very, very comfortable and clean. The food was very tasty and the drinks were not at all expensive. A bucket of cold beer was very reasonable. Try the Mango margaritas, we each had about a dozen each! The coconut shrimp was also very good and the fish tacos are just out of this world. Far superior food than you would expect from a beach club in a tourist area but this place is not so well known (Part of the charm) and frequented by locals as well as tourists. By day 2 they were greeting us by name! Also, if you speak German, throw a "Wie Gehts" or a "Guten Tag" at the owners; they will look stunned but then qucikly converse with you. Tip - the price of massages is VERY negotiable, especially if you go multiple days. I asked for a weekly price - a 1 hour massag,e per day, for each of us for the entire 1 week stay and was amazed at the price I got, roughly $28 US. Every massage was excellent by the way, very professional in every way. Repeat customers apparently are both welcome and appreciated!

PS - I would LOVE to stay at the Colibri Beach Hotel as well but when we checked it out we found that they do not have king beds in any of their air conditioned rooms. Big deal killer there plus the bathrooms were very, very small.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Fun Place To Spend a Day at the Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Fun beach club with a chill atmosphere, buckets of Sol and pretty good beach grub. Alvaro the manager and Gabby a delightful waitress will make your visit fun. Alvaro is partial to Motown grooves, nothing beats listening to Barry White while sitting on a bar swing! I visited several times during my stay.

MX
“Confy and yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Great place to spend a whole day under the sun. Friendly staff, good food and a very confortable beach bedding for the best tan in Playa.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rushford, Minnesota
“Best for sunny days and friendly smiles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We were in Playa for nine days and went to the Lido Club beach every day for several hours. Carlita,Laura,Gabby and the rest of the wonderful people greeted us every day with smiles and the quality of their service is only given by those who enjoy their work. The owners were on site with a friendly hello also as we arrived. We ate there twice but should have tried more of their choices as it was the best food we had in Playa. A special thanks to Carlita for answering our questions and bightening an already sunny day on the beach in Playa. Hope to see you all again. All the best, your friends from Minnesota.

• Visited February 2013
Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
“Friendly, old Playa hospitality on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Many locals frequent here. The staff enjoy working here and make you feel welcome, Many of them speak English and are helpful to the tourists. Reasonable beach prices and a varied, multinational menu.

• Visited December 2012