“Great Dives In Playa Del Carman” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The dive shop located inside of the resort Royal Haciendas, only 10 minutes away from Playa del Carmen. We offer our service from courses up to tours in crystal clear Cenotes. We offer PADI, TDI, NACD training from entry level, PADI Open Water Diver right through to dive master training and specialties! Our goal is to maintain the highest level of quality and service while making your safety our top priority. We leave from the beach of the Royal Haciendas resort which is the best location in the Riviera Maya. We have the world's second biggest reef right in front of us. Come join us as we dive in the turquoise ocean and have the experience of a lifetime.
Reno
“Great Dives In Playa Del Carman”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I just finished two weeks at the Royal Haciendas where the onsite dive op is Dive Balam. I did a total of five days doing two tank dives. Two days were at local reefs north of Playa. Two days were over in Cozumel using their boat there at the RH. The rides to Cozumel are about 40 min each way depending on sea conditions. There nothing like leaving at 9 and being back at 2. They take care of everything during the dives, including taking your tanks off in the water and changing them out while you rest between dives on their small boat and helping you up and doing the change over on the larger Cozumel boat. One day they drove us up to Puerto Morleas and dove the C-56 Montez De Oca that sits in 90 ft of water and has three levels of penatration with guide lines to get through the boat. With 38 yrs of diving and some 500 dives I can say that Dive Balam is the best overall dive op I have ever used. Their equipment is first class and kept in top conditioin. I saw first hand how the dive masters would help new dives and still keep a eye on the group. They have on 4 to 5 divers per dive master and safety is their first thought. They do let more experenced dives have a good time and do not treat you like cattle. If you are looking for the complete dive experence then I would say use Dive Balam. You do not have to be staying at the Royal Haciendas to use them. Their prices include any and all equipment that you need or you can use you own.

Visited January 2013

Atlanta
3 attraction reviews
“Unprepared”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Wow, i've read so many awesome reviews about Dive Balam but i found some of the staff totally unprepared, in particular Cheryl Lopez. She came to the theory lesson late and tired and she couldn't answer some of my questions! The other guys there were awesome like Carlos and Marcos...they seemed prepared and safe but Cheryl...good time gal? maybe she was there just to fill in some vacation time? I won't be recommending them anyway. I think i'll be speaking to PADI about this too because if i pay for a professional course then that's what i expect to get. I tried to speak to Marcos about this but he wasn't there.

Visited March 2012
New Jersey
“Great Scuba Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The entire team at Dive Balam is absolutely awesome! I am a infrequent diver and they provided an outstanding refresher course. My friend Steve, who is an experienced and frequent diver recommended Dive Balam as the safest divers he ever met. There aren't enough accolades to describe them. The actual dive was a super experience, warm waters, great underwater life. Safety is number one with this entire team, Gunther Villa, Carlos Mendicuti, Cristian Bonilla and Cheryl Lopez made this my best underwater experience ever. I knew I was in good hands, I will be back!

Visited December 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
“Dive Balam is Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We have been diving with Dive Balam for years. We even got our advanced underwater certification with them back in 2007. They are conveniently located right at Royal Haciendas.

We love the fact that they have such stable people over many years. Marcos has done many dives with us over the years. He is very experienced and keeps us safe, but also makes it a really fun experience. Gunther, Christian and all others have also been great.

We love the Cozumel dive which goes directly from the RH beach. No need for a separate ferry ride.

You must do the cavern dives with Dive Balam. It is an absolutely incredible experience.

Diving with Dive Balam is a truly fantastic experience. Why go anywhere else?

San Francisco, California
“Best dive company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

If you are staying at one of the Royal Resorts in Cancun or Playa I highly recommend diving with Dive Balam. We were staying in Cancun but the drive to Playa was worth it to dive with them. They provide excellent customer service and I have never been disappointed when diving with this company. Everyone is friendly and helpful and take great care of the divers and their gear. I will definitely make the drive again if necessary to dive with them. I highly recommned this dive company.

Visited December 2012