We booked with the sister hotel Xperience Aqualuna, but when we arrived they told us they overbooked us, due to me booking online and them booking directly within a short period of time the night before. We were assured that they were upgrading us to the Hacienda Paradise just a few blocks away. We were not disappointed- far from it. Total dedication to our comfort began immediately. Anallely efficiently and cheerfully checked us in with big smiles, Diana walked us up to the 2nd floor and showed us a very clean, beautifully tiled, good-sized room with a very comfortable king bed, good AC, small fridge, in-room safe, flat screen (we barely used) and a shaded balcony overlooking the pool (each room has a balcony). Beautiful bath room with modern shower and vanity. Ultra green: low flow, recycling throughout, no AC in the lobby (but wasn't a problem). We were a little worried the room would be noisy at night, since the hotel was on a fairly busy street only a block away from the very busy pedestrian only, tourist shop-filled 5th Avenue (with some awesome fine dining restaurants). But they've ingeniously designed the rooms so the bathroom is close to the busy street and a door and wall separate it from the part of the room where the bed is.
They don't have their own parking lot, which we thought may be a problem, and would cost us time and expense. However, close-by free street parking was readily available the entire time we were there. The concierge manager Marcos informed us that we were missing our front license plate on our rental- we had gotten a ticket but thought it was a warning since it didn't have any fine amount on it. We would have missed our flight if we had arrived at the airport to return our car as we were catching our flight because it was necessary to go to the police station to retrieve it and pay the fine. Marcos was amazing as he insisted on going to the police station, explaining our case, and getting our plate back with no fine assessed. And he staunchly refused to accept any gratuity for his effort. He went above and beyond to assure our complete comfort during our stay.
An on-site restaurant and bar would be nice- they offer only breakfast, which was decent. But it was easy to walk across the street to pick up cocktails to accompany us back to the small, sweet on-site pool. And there were so many 4- or 5-star restaurants close-by. Not a problem.
I really cannot praise the staff enough! Diana cheerfully booked us beautiful scuba dives on the reef at Xpu-ha (be careful to ask how much of the the day the dive excursion will take up). Nancy was wonderful on the day we checked out, paid the small tab, her printing out our flight boarding passes, everything with a big smile.
The stay at this hotel was truly first rate. We have only good memories of a great time. The staff truly made us feel that they were there only to assure our total comfort. Marcos, the concierge manager constantly amazed us by always being there to assist us with anything and everything we might need. He, along with the rest of his staff we encountered, are such a valuable asset to this hotel's management.
(Please make sure you generously tip those that serve you when you travel. We received such great service on our entire trip. The small amount of tip we give can make a big difference in their families' lives. They don't earn near the salary levels we do, and the gratuities we can give mean much more in their pockets than ours. It really burned me seeing other foreign travelers treat their servers with such disdain as they were afforded such great service, and then leaving little or no tip. Don't be the ugly American or European (they seemed the worst at leaving no tip.)
I heartily recommend this to anyone who wants a great experience in a small boutique hotel, close (but not too close as to be noisy) to the tourist area and white-sand, turquoise water beach, very reasonably priced (some might say inexpensive, especially for the value you get) with ultimate comfort and service. Were we to stay in Playa del Carmen again in the future, we would hope to be able to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private oasis of elegance and seduction in the heart of Playa del Carmen. This stylish hotel offers a unique and memorable holiday experience in the idyllic setting of the cosmopolitan and coastal city of Playa del Carmen.Hacienda Paradise enjoys an excellent location close to the famous 5th Avenue and its numerous shops, restaurants and bars. Located between the 10th Avenue and the famous "Quinta Avenida" (5th Avenue), pedestrian walkway only two blocks away from the Caribbean Sea, this Boutique hotel offers relax and comfort steps away from some of the most beautiful powder white sandy and turquoise crystalline water the Mayan Riviera has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, HostelWorld, BookIt.com, HostelBookers, getaroom.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Hacienda Paradise Boutique Hotel by Xperience Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Paradise Boutique Hotel By Xperience Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel Hacienda Paradise Boutique
- Hacienda Paradise Boutique Hotel By Xperience Hotels Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico