This hotel should be renamed to something like Hacienda the Nightclub - the property is bordering with a very very noisy Nightclub/hotel - Reina Roja. So if you want to wake up in the middle of the night in the middle of the party with people screaming and very loud techno music kicking then stay here. If not go elsewhere - believe me, their affordable prices not worth ruining your only vacation!
As for the rest:
- facilities need updating. It looks like an average rundown motel in US or Europe and not as 3 star boutique hotel as advertised.
- staff is super friendly and helpful, though cleaning and room preparation on check in could be slow.
- half of the hotel is facing very busy 10av. And you can hear traffic noise in addition to the Nightclub noise.
- Playa del Carmen in general is a pretty run down area and is mostly suited for partying young people. The sea is pretty polluted with debris and it seems like they have permanent issues with the moving/disappearing beaches since they overbuilt hotels in a environmentally hostile way. The sea smells like sewage sometimes, but there are various theories that this is due to mangrove swamps. Not sure about this, but sometimes it does smell like a sewage treatment facility.
- if you still want to come to Playa del Carmen (there are good things here as well like nice sand and a set of tourist attractions) then DO NOT book the whole package via online travel sites. Book only your plane tickets. You may want to move to a different place/hotel once you arrive since there are lots of festivities going on in the area which may involve noise, crowds and trash...
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Paradise Boutique Hotel By Xperience
- Hacienda Paradise Boutique Hotel By Xperience Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel Hacienda Paradise Boutique
- Hacienda Paradise Boutique Hotel By Xperience Hotels Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private oasis of elegance and seduction in the heart of Playa del Carmen. This stylish hotel offers a unique and memorable holiday experience in the idyllic setting of the cosmopolitan and coastal city of Playa del Carmen.Hacienda Paradise enjoys an excellent location close to the famous 5th Avenue and its numerous shops, restaurants and bars. Located between the 10th Avenue and the famous "Quinta Avenida" (5th Avenue), pedestrian walkway only two blocks away from the Caribbean Sea, this Boutique hotel offers relax and comfort steps away from some of the most beautiful powder white sandy and turquoise crystalline water the Mayan Riviera has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, BookIt.com, HostelWorld, HostelBookers and Venere so you can book your Hacienda Paradise Boutique Hotel by Xperience Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.