Overall we liked this resort. Big but nice because offered lots of dining options and different pools. Pretty property and 1 br master suite on 3rd floor was very nice. As other reviewers have said, ocean view room is definitely NOT. Sliver of ocean at best.
All service was pleasant and helpful.
There were always staff cleaning all around resort - windows, mopping boardwalk to beach, cleaning pool chairs, landscaping, etc. Nice to see. Resort felt very clean and well tended.
Had a noise problem one night when management decided to hold loud corporate party with a band at the pool area on FAMILY side of resort. Super loud band from 8:30 - 10pm prevented young kids from sleeping until late. I get that resorts make big bucks from corporate parties, but as a guest paying over $800 a night for my room, we deserve a quiet place for our kids to sleep. Manager was no consolation. Why this band party is not on the adult side of the resort is beyond me. Heard other guests complaining that they constantly felt "kicked out" of various areas around the resort (like Gabi bar, beach at night, pool areas) due to private parties/weddings. There were lots of them. Advise you to call resort and see what groups will be here during your stay and what type of late night parties are planned.
Do want to compliment head concierge (I believe) who drove to meet us when I accidentally left my bag outside van upon departure. That was great service!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a stunning little bay, Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Esmeralda is the superior luxury family-friendly resort in the Riviera Maya, combining a prestigious Caribbean setting with world-class facilities, including Family Concierge, the ultimate in spa treatments, a relaxed ambiance, and flexible meeting spaces with state-of-the-art equipment. This elegant resort has a Mayan ecological feeling, and an oceanfront location surrounded by a lush tropical mangrove preserve and with views of Cozumel Island. Take your senses on a culinary tour through eleven remarkable restaurants serving delicious cuisine from all around the world and ten bars serving unlimited international Premium brand drinks. Enjoy life-enriching experiences such as tango dance classes, sushi-making, and sensorial experiences. This luxury family-friendly All-Inclusive resort is located about 45 minutes from Cancun International Airport and just steps from extraordinary beaches and attractions such as Playa del Carmen’s 5th Avenue, Xcaret, Akumal, Xel-Ha, and near world-famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Chichén Itzá and Cobá. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Melia, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Riviera Maya, Mexico