Our family went to Paradisus La Esmeralda for the 2nd year in a raw. Being to other 5 star resorts and knowing what a 5 star resort is supposed to be, Paradisus La Esmeralda's beats them all. Very beautiful and contemporary resort which makes you feel like in heaven. After reading many reviews, I just want to point out some things: first of all, family concierge worth every single penny. For the first time we've been in this resort, we decided not to take family concierge. The second time we had a family concierge and were very pleased. You get a lot of extra things with family concierge, like heated pool, FC exclusive restaurants, and many little thing that add up to make you feel special (pillow aromatherapy, prefilled hot tubs with flowers, balloons, etc -- yes, these are little things, but having 2 young kids around, you would never think of filling the hot tub with the water and actually enjoy it, but your personal family concierge surprises you every day). The food is excellent. The pools are huge, clean and very beautifully lit to swim in at night time or early morning. Some things about the beach: yes, it is not the best beach in the world, but it is excellent beach if you have kids: there are never huge waves like in Cancun, it is calm, worm and not suddenly deep like in Punta Cana, so your family can always enjoy it. After reading some reviews about poor area around the resort, all I can say is that there is life outside of this resort which is what to be expected. I don't know what people expect when they go to Mexico...to be in desert???
Rooms are excellent with a lot of space and beautiful decor. Service is truly 5 stars. We will definitely be back because there are very few places that are as great for the families as Paradisus La Esmeralda.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a stunning little bay, Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Esmeralda is the superior luxury family-friendly resort in the Riviera Maya, combining a prestigious Caribbean setting with world-class facilities, including Family Concierge, the ultimate in spa treatments, a relaxed ambiance, and flexible meeting spaces with state-of-the-art equipment. This elegant resort has a Mayan ecological feeling, and an oceanfront location surrounded by a lush tropical mangrove preserve and with views of Cozumel Island. Take your senses on a culinary tour through eleven remarkable restaurants serving delicious cuisine from all around the world and ten bars serving unlimited international Premium brand drinks. Enjoy life-enriching experiences such as tango dance classes, sushi-making, and sensorial experiences. This luxury family-friendly All-Inclusive resort is located about 45 minutes from Cancun International Airport and just steps from extraordinary beaches and attractions such as Playa del Carmen’s 5th Avenue, Xcaret, Akumal, Xel-Ha, and near world-famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Chichén Itzá and Cobá. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Melia, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Low Cost Holidays, Otel, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Riviera Maya, Mexico