We stayed at this resort for 12 days, August 29th through September 9th. Even though this is my first official review on TA, I have been travelling for 23 years and 2 to 3 times a year. I will cover the negative first!
Paradisus could be a 5 star resort with a little attention to detail. I received on a daily basis, a glass that was either visably dirty or cracked or my drink would have something in it. This happened at different areas of the resort (I.e. restaurant, bars). It would always get changed right away and the server would genuinely apologize. In our room, the rugs, glass partition and balcony glass door were dirty for the entire stay. The leather headboard had ink marks all over the left side. Even at a four star resort, quality control should always be practiced. We had to call to have the mini bar stocked at least five out of our 12 days. There were always little bugs flying over the treats in the Family Conceirge. I also noticed this at the buffet a few times. Maybe the resort shoud consider using the clear serving trays that open and close to try and avoid the bugs getting in. Did these incidents ruin our vacation....NO, but when you advertise LUXURY and 4.5 stars, these are things that should NOT be occurring. Now on to the good.
Paradisus is a BEAUTIFUL resort and the staff is FANTASTIC! Every time you ask for something it was "No problem, it's my pleasure". The staff truly is the reason our vacation was enjoyable! From the time we checked in Georgina (Gina) was at my beck and call. She is the sweetest. Gina was so helpful. When she was working, she would always ask if we were ok and if she could do anything to make our stay better. THANKS GINA for your geniune hospitality.
The food here is definitely 5 star. We tried every restaurant at least once. The food at all of them was DELICIOUS. Especially MOLE, PASSIONS and LA PALAPA, which were our favorites. The servers at all restaurants addressed you by your last name and put your napkin on your lap, opened and closed the doors for you, always greeting you with an Hola and a smile. Customer service at its BEST! Ernesto at BANA was so sweet and helpful. Offering recommendations of sake and food. I fell in love with the salmon salad he suggested. He was my server every time I ate at the sushi bar. He was always smiling and very attentive. He is a true star. Other true stars were Cabalan and Mario at LA PALAPA, Eddie and Ali at NORTH BAR, Rigoberto and Bianca at the SOUTH BAR, Luis at MOLE, Wilder, Fernando Lopez, Rafael Velasco, Antonio, Carlos, Ivan, Miguel, and the hostess Liliana at NAOS. They are all true STARS. THANKS to all of you, our vacation was a blast! I can't say THANK YOU enough.
The pools were nice with excellent service, drinks and food. The beach is rocky but the sand white and so soft and smooth and the water is beautiful. Service at the beach was great as well.
Entertainment was typical resort style. It was just ok in my opinion.
Paradisus has got it right in terms of customer service, ambiance and food. Like I said, with a little attention to detail, it can definitely be a 5 star resort.
I would recommend this resort in a heart beat even with its flaws. We had a great vacation and I hope when we return in December the areas of concern have been addressed.
Again thanks to all the staff whom helped make our decision to come back an easy one.
Adios mi amigas y amigos. THE RANSOM FAMILY.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a stunning little bay, Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Esmeralda is the superior luxury family-friendly resort in the Riviera Maya, combining a prestigious Caribbean setting with world-class facilities, including Family Concierge, the ultimate in spa treatments, a relaxed ambiance, and flexible meeting spaces with state-of-the-art equipment. This elegant resort has a Mayan ecological feeling, and an oceanfront location surrounded by a lush tropical mangrove preserve and with views of Cozumel Island. Take your senses on a culinary tour through eleven remarkable restaurants serving delicious cuisine from all around the world and ten bars serving unlimited international Premium brand drinks. Enjoy life-enriching experiences such as tango dance classes, sushi-making, and sensorial experiences. This luxury family-friendly All-Inclusive resort is located about 45 minutes from Cancun International Airport and just steps from extraordinary beaches and attractions such as Playa del Carmen’s 5th Avenue, Xcaret, Akumal, Xel-Ha, and near world-famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Chichén Itzá and Cobá. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Melia, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Jetsetter, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Riviera Maya, Mexico