“Highlight of our vacation!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Caverns/ Caves
Attraction Details
Hudson, New Hampshire
“Highlight of our vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Big shout out to Juan from his friends from Boston! He was a great guide and provided us with a very personalized tour that you just can't get from the big tourist traps. Water was a bit high due to all the rain we had but still got to see 95% of everything. Really a great experience and I would recommend this to everyone

Visited June 2013

• Polish first
Savannah,GA
19 attraction reviews
“Unique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Not too far out of town, took a taxi for $10.00 each way ( set it up before hand to pay him upon his return. If you pay when you get to the cenote, he may not return, and you won't have a way back.) Our front desk clerk Louis at Aventura Mexicana was most helpful. It took him 15 minutes & 4 cabs to get one to finally agree to it. The road to the cenote is under construction. The cenote cost $20.00 each and included entry, helmet & life vest. You can rent a flashlight for $6.00 ( called gringo tax ) or $8. to buy, (or bring your own!) Did not get one but Juan our guide had one. Do not really need snorkel equipment. We had equipment, but never used it. No flippers allowed. We were the only people there. We used Juan as our guide & tipped him $10.00 U. S.- well worth it. Can't stress how important a guide is. You will miss a lot without one. If you go, ask for Juan. He speaks perfect English and has a real love and enthusiasm for nature, which is infectious. No pictures allowed as it can harm the habitat, birds, bats etc. Strongly suggest water shoes or flipflops or something on your feet. Just the walk from 1 cenote to the other will cut & bruise bare feet.

Visited June 2013
yorkshire
27 attraction reviews
“Beautiful cave.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and i went to this Cenote at the end of our swim with Turtles.
It is quite dark and as i am not a good swimmer i nearly chickened out of going in, but i had conquered my worse fear being in the sea so i gave it a go and was so glad i did.
The cave is beautiful above and below, with bats that dont bother you flying around. You will need a good underwater camera with flash if you want to capture the beauty under the water.
It is very rocky but the guide stears you around the rocks.
A must do.

Visited May 2013
“Awesome expierence with great guides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I were in Playa Del Carmen for our honeymoon. We came to Chaak Tun for one day and had a wonderful time. Our guide was Carlos & he was the best. I told him I was clausterphoebic and he assured me he would make sure I felt safe. He took us through a few cenotes and we did some snorkeling. My husband and I had a wonderful time. I would highly recommend.

herts, england
“Unmissable for divers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Part of a 4 day package with Bullshark Diving in Playa del Carmen. The cenotes are incredible and would return to Mexico just to dive them again.