“Relaxing oasis in the centre of PDC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aventura Mexicana

You added Aventura Mexicana to your Saves list
Aventura Mexicana
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5th Avenue at 24th Street, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico   |
Special Offer
$50 Free Food & Drinks!
Ranked #25 of 200 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Relaxing oasis in the centre of PDC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

10 minutes to the beach, 1 minute to 5th avenue, though you may just end up staying within the hotel boundaries as the facilities and restaurant are so very good.

Hugely helpful staff, big clean rooms, very good value, and a great restaurant. Special praise to restaurant manager Christopher and to Nicolas for making us feel very welcome

Travelling as a couple in June 2014.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

we've been here for 5 nights. After are trip with stayings in "basic" places it was very nice to arrive here. excellent beds, excellent bathroom and there's even a water machine so you can fill up your own bottles.
the breakfast is ok but a bit more variety would be nice.
everything is very clean and a nice atmosphere inside the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

After reading all the positive reviews on here before booking/travelling I was not disappointed! The pool areas are beautiful, clean and quiet, I never had trouble getting a lounger and was often the only one in the pool. I ate in the restaurant often, whilst breakfast was basic the lunch and dinner menus were reasonably priced and everything I had was fresh and delicious! In terms of the rooms, as others state there was no door to the bathroom but as I was by myself this was fine - I did however get bitten a lot overnight despite always keeping doors/windows closed so would recommend a spray or plug in to avoid. The hotel team all knew me by name and were so friendly, helpful and happy to help I felt really welcome - Nicholas in particular in the restaurant was great. The beach club Kool is a short walk and I spent a few days here and loved it- although it was 50pesos (with the hotel discount) I thought it was easily worth it. Overall a great hotel, would recommend to anyone looking for a quiet oasis to relax in!

• Stayed June 2014
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

My husband and I did an extensive amount of research on hotels in Playa, and it paid off. We were planning a wedding in Playa and wanted to provide our family and friends with two hotel options at different price ranges. We wanted to location, comfort, good, and a good atmosphere. Aventura met all that and more. Where do I begin? We have approximately 30 guest staying at the Aventura, and everyone absolutely loved it.

FOOD
Everyone raved about the food at the Maya Bistro, myself included. It was some of the best food we had in all of playa, try the Chef's Challenge for a yummy surprise. The service provided by Nicholas and his daughter Gaby was just amazing, they made us feel like we were home. Jorge the bartender is a master of his trade, watch out, the drinks are delicious and strong, ask for his cucumber special, I don't know what the drink was officially called but it was heaven! Also try some Kava, the Kasa Kava is located on the grounds of the hotel and have yoga classes in the mornings, and open up for Kava in the evening. We tried the Kava, and although not the most delicious drink in the world, it did have a soothing effect on us, and we slept for about 12 hours that night!

HOTEL/ROOMS
The hotel is well maintained, the grounds are beautiful, relaxing & quiet. The location is great , around the corner from Fifth Ave were all the action happens, and just a short walk from the beach. They provide free wifi, but who needs wifi when you are in such an amazing place? Since we had so many wedding guest stay at the hotel we got to see almost every room type. All the rooms were clean, and had everything you need, especially water. My husband and I stayed in the honeymoon suite for 6 days. When we arrived they had a beautiful flower arrangement, bottle of wine, and a huge and delicious fruit plate waiting for us! The honeymoon suite was great, spacious, and very comfortable, we loved it. They do not provide other amenities such as irons in the rooms, but they are available upon request. Overall our stay, as well as our guest's experience was incredible and unforgettable. It's not everyday you actually please all 30 people you are traveling with! I would recommend Aventura Mexicana to anyone traveling to Playa.

Room Tip: The Superior Rooms are significantly bigger, the double rooms are also very spacious and fit four pe...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I cancelled my lodging at an all-inclusive resort so that I could be close to town and be able to walk around, shop, and dine where I wanted to. I found this hotel after searching many properties and based on the reviews, I decided to book with Aventura Mexicana. The best decision ever! Truly an oasis! The staff treats you like royalty and always have a smile on their face. The grounds, the pools are beautiful. Most of all I enjoyed the peace and quiet and relaxation. The Mayan Bistro is great! The food presentation and taste was top notch. I stayed for 10 nights and wish I could have stayed longer. Special thanks to Andy for answering all of my questions before I booked. Can't wait to see you all again! -Thomas W.

Room Tip: Junior suites are the most roomy; yet cozy.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Norman, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 6 days at the end of May for the 2nd time in two years. The first time we fell in love with this beautiful hotel and we booked again with no hesitation. The grounds are beautiful and are kept immaculate. The room we got on the 3rd floor was huge with a separate bedroom for our daughter and very quiet. It was cleaned spotless every single day by housekeeping. Breakfast is simple but was adequate for us.

I do have a couple of minor complaints this time. A few mornings, the breakfast attendants would be talking among themselves instead of making sure the guests were being taken care of. One day I even had to get up and ask for the "pan dulce", since it wasn't even offered to us (we tipped every morning). Another issue we had was that the taxis the front desk called a few mornings for us consistently overcharged us. For example, going to Puerto Morelos we were asked for $520 on the way there (ended up paying $450 after complaining) while we paid $400 on the way back. We mentioned this to the front desk, but they never got back to us. Also, going to Xel-Ha, the taxi company quoted them $585 (USD 45, this time we checked in advance) while we knew the correct rate was $450 (we ended up walking a couple of streets and catching a taxi by ourselves). I think these are issues that management could easily fix with a little bit of training and a serious conversation with their preferred taxi company.

Other than this, Aventura Mexicana remains our favorite spot in Playa del Carmen and we're looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

As a consultant that travels regularly I swear by Marriott because of the ease of their rewards program, quality hotels and nice amenities, but when it comes to what's important it's Aventura Mexicana for me and my Mexico vacations. Each time I arrive I am greeted by name making me feel welcome, safe and appreciated. The hotel restaurant, bar, spa always a delight. As my plane was landing in Cancun I was already dreaming about the massage I had scheduled to put me into vacation mode. Amaaaaaaazing! Better than any massage I get in the states at a great price.
As I wander around the hotel gardens day or night I am always greeted by name and either a kiss on the cheek or a " welcome back". I feel so safe and at home. It is an experience that I can't find anywhere else regardless of if I'm at a Marriott or a 5star resort in Mexico. There is no place that offers the delightful experience of this hotel for the price and all I can say is thank you to the staff and see you soon!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Aventura Mexicana? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Aventura Mexicana

Address: 5th Avenue at 24th Street, Playa del Carmen 77710, Mexico
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
#6 Family Hotel in Playa del Carmen
#11 Spa Hotel in Playa del Carmen
#22 Romantic Hotel in Playa del Carmen
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Aventura Mexicana 3.5*
We are a Trip Advisor #20 hotel & restaurant! We're located 2 blocks from Playa Del Carmen's famous white, sandy beaches and just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue; full of shops & restaurants.

We're a cozy boutique hotel with a lush, tropical courtyard and waterfall, 2 swimming pools, 3 sun decks and chaise lounges for sunbathing, relaxing, or canoodling.

All guestrooms include inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, ceiling fans, flat screen TVs, phones and private bathrooms. We also offer rooms with balconies or verandas.

Our amenities include Continental breakfast, free inroom wi/fi, free on-site parking and free beach club access. We also offer yoga class and discounted day passes to the world class gym across the street.

Our Mayan Bistro restaurant offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service. The Mayan Bistro also offers THE VIP, our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. THE VIP is only available through out website.

Indulge in a variety of spa services perfectly at the Beauty Korper Spa located on the hotel grounds. We can coordinate your transportation, arrange tours and ensure you have a wonderful vacation in Playa! ... more   less

TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, T4B, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Aventura Mexicana Hotel
Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
Aventura Mexicana Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

If you own or manage Aventura Mexicana, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.