My wife and I fussed for several years about going to Mexico. Dangerous? Hard to communicate? Packed elbow-to-elbow with flowered shirts and cameras? Getting ripped off? We kept defaulting to our standard cruises and Caribbean visits. Then we jumped on a special through SniqueAway for Aventura Mexicana. What an experience!
After a bit of confusion at the airport and almost getting into a very expensive cab, we found the very reasonable ADO Bus to downtown Playa del Carmen. A short cab ride, or a walk if you’re feeling sturdy, and you’re delivered to a cozy paradise.
From moment one, it feels like staying with friends. The hotel is large enough to have amenities and small enough to feel warm and friendly. We got to know the entire crew in just a few days. No special request went un-addressed. The many sitting areas, multiple pools, and winding, curving layout make the hotel feel much larger than it is. And we never felt crowded or fighting for chair space. Get the Deluxe room with the water dispenser, refrigerator, etc.
It is the perfect distance from everything; the public beach, shops, pounding club life ‘till dawn, and the lush private beach clubs (AM Hotel can get you deals). Take a cab if you wish – or walk like we did. I managed to gain zero weight on the trip by walking to everything each day.
And, the best surprise of the trip? The restaurant! The hotel has the benefit of an excellent restaurant on the premises. We did not choose the optional meal plan to keep our options open, but wished we had. We ate mostly every meal on the grounds. And it was priced so that if we did buy the plan, and still ate elsewhere a few meals, it would still be cost-effective.
We're definitely returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are Playa's only Trip Advisor #20 hotel & restaurant! We're located 2 blocks from Playa Del Carmen's famous white, sandy beaches and just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue; full of shops & restaurants. We're a cozy boutique hotel with a lush, tropical courtyard and waterfall, 2 swimming pools, 3 sun decks and chaise lounges for sunbathing, relaxing, or canoodling. All guestrooms include inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, ceiling fans, flat screen TVs, phones and private bathrooms. We also offer rooms with balconies or verandas. Our amenities include free Lite Continental breakfast, free wi/fi, free on-site parking and free beach club access. We also offer yoga class and discounted day passes to the world class gym across the street. The Mayan Bistro restaurant offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service. The Mayan Bistro also offers THE VIP, our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. THE VIP is only available through out website. Indulge in a variety of spa services perfectly at the Beauty Korper Spa located on the hotel grounds. We can coordinate your transportation, arrange tours and ensure you have a wonderful vacation in Playa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico