As with many of you, I relied heavily on TA reviews when selecting to stay at Aventura Mexicana in May of 2012. My review is coming a little late but since I am starting the booking process of my second stay I find myself remembering how wonderful this experience was and I want to share! I was looking for something different from the all-inclusive mega resorts and I definitely found it!
The hotel itself is a beautiful, clean, quiet oasis tucked away right in the heart of Playa. My partner and I stayed for 4 days. The majority of our time was spent right at the hotel, relaxing by the pool, listening to music with more than a few Mojitos and DELICIOUS food from the Mayan Bistro. Other days we explored 5th Ave or walked to the beach (definitely within walking distance.) We enjoyed dinner each evening at the Mayan Bistro where we quickly came to know and appreciate the hard working staff, thanks Aldo and Daniel! We never had a disappointing dish even though we were on the VIP all inclusive plan. Everything was amazing thanks to Chef Marco and his team!
I highly recommend any couples reserve a room on the adult side of the hotel in the Deluxe King Rooms or the Honeymoon Suite. We had the pleasure of getting to know quite a few of the other guests and I concluded the Honeymoon suite was definitely worth the additional cost. The only downside others have mentioned is that the deluxe rooms have a semi private toilet area so if this is an issue, email the hotel and let them know you want a room with a private bathroom. For me, there is only one thing as important as a clean room and that is a good air conditioner, trust me, the split units in these rooms will freeze you out! The staff is beyond accommodating, if you need a change for some reason, let them know, they will do anything they can to make you comfortable.
Safety is always a concern while traveling abroad. We walked alone on 5th ave both in the morning as well as in the evening, I never felt threatened. The salesmen for tours can be pushy, just be polite and say no. One evening we walked back to the hotel pretty late and the streets were empty, we never had an issue and saw a few Policia who gave us no trouble at all. Also, if you walk the beach very far at all you will soon find yourself out of the tourist area and against the jungle. This area is beautiful and we walked pretty far in the direction of Cancun. I would be careful here since you are very much alone but we passed other tourists periodically and never had any direct issues. The hotel itself feels very safe, there is someone at the front at all times.
This hotel and our stay here has been on our minds for the last 7 months, so much so, that we are planning a repeat visit in April. I can’t wait! Thanks for making such a special place for us to get away.
and Jesse Barron
San Antonio, Texas
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel Aventura Mexicana Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hotel Aventura Mexicana in Playa Del Carmen, where miles of powdery white sand beckon vacationers in search of quiet and relaxation. We're located 2 blocks from Playa Del Carmen's famous white, sandy beaches and just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue; full of shops & restaurants. We're a cozy boutique hotel with a lush, tropical courtyard and waterfall, 2 swimming pools, 3 sun decks and chaise lounges for sunbathing, relaxing, or canoodling. All guestrooms include air conditioning, ceiling fans, Flat Screen TVs and phones, balconies or terraces and private bathrooms. We offer free Continental breakfast, free wireless Internet access, free on-site parking and free beach club access. The Mayan Bistro restaurant offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service. The Mayan Bistro also offers THE VIP, our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. Indulge in a variety of spa services perfectly at the Beauty Körper Spa located on the hotel grounds. We can coordinate your transportation, arrange tours and ensure you have a wonderful vacation in Playa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Venere, Otel, EasyToBook, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.