Playa del Carmen was made so much more enjoyable due to our wonderful stay at Hotel Aventura Mexicana. The staff were friendly and courteous.
The hotel is located super close to the popular 5th Ave where all the restaurants, bars, and shopping areas are. 5th Ave was literally just a few steps away from the hotel entrance.
We traveled with LivingSocial and are so happy with the accommodations they had arranged for us! After a long day out in the hot sun with high humidity, it always felt great to return to the air conditioned hotel which we called home for 4 nights.
Our room was extremely clean and spacious for two people. We upgraded to the honeymoon room (1400) located on the first floor right next to the Mayan Bistro. The noise level was at a minimum throughout our entire stay even though we were close to the restaurant/bar. Room had a full kitchen area, an enclosed bathroom, and a king size bed.
The Mayan Bistro within the hotel had great food and drinks. We unfortunately didn't buy the all inclusive package, but those who did all gave great reviews of the food and said it was a great deal. If you're up for exploring, a short walk away takes you to all the restaurants on 5th Ave. I would recommend eating at Los Tacos and hanging out at the Chocolate Cafe for great food and non-alcoholic drinks.
There were many convenient currency exchange booths throughout 5th Ave. Most looked very legitimate and exchanging dollars for pesos was not a problem. Many of the restaurants also took credit card. So it was very convenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are Playa's only Trip Advisor #20 hotel & dinner restaurant! We're located 2 blocks from Playa Del Carmen's famous white, sandy beaches and just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue; full of shops & restaurants. We're a cozy boutique hotel with a lush, tropical courtyard and waterfall, 2 swimming pools, 3 sun decks and chaise lounges for sunbathing, relaxing, or canoodling. All guestrooms include inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, ceiling fans, flat screen TVs, phones and private bathrooms. We also offer rooms with balconies or verandas. Our amenities include Continental breakfast, free inroom wi/fi, free on-site parking and free beach club access. We also offer yoga class and discounted day passes to the world class gym across the street. The Mayan Bistro restaurant offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service. The Mayan Bistro also offers THE VIP, our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. THE VIP is only available through out website. Indulge in a variety of spa services perfectly at the Beauty Korper Spa located on the hotel grounds. We can coordinate your transportation, arrange tours and ensure you have a wonderful vacation in Playa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, T4B, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico