I stayed here with my sister in May 2011, who had never been to Mexico. I found this hotel on trip advisor and stopped by to check in out while in PDC in February 2011 with my spouse. It seemed perfect. They were kind enough to show us a room. I am not sure how old the place is but it feels very new. It is totally respectably clean, neat and modern. Our room had 2 queen beds, a small refrigerator, hair dryer, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, TV, nice towels, phone, clock radio and large bathroom with nice shower. There is internet access in the lobby but since we were on the first floor, we also got it in our room. The staff were FANTASTIC. The front desk helped me with my spanish. The breakfast staff in the restaurant were also very nice. Always acting like they were happy to serve you. The hotel has many nice statues, 2 pools. They can also arrange trips for you. We were surprised to get daily vouchers for use of the "Kool Club" beach area. This was nice but you cannot bring any other beverages (including water). You have to purchase everything from them. That being said, we had several drinks and ate lunch there several times and it only cost around $20.00 usd. The Kool Club has a very nice pool. Eventhough the Aventura Mexicana is not right on the beach, it is totally within walking distance and the area is very quiet. It is only 1/2 block from 5th avenue. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. If I wanted to find anything that wasn't good, I would say that the white tile floor in our room had some large gray stains. Looked like the tile needed to be cleaned with muriatic acid. It was not surface dirt, rather something deeper. If you stay here, you will be happy. I have stayed at many hotels in PDC and this is one of the best for a moderate price. You can find cheaper but you get what you pay for and of course, you can get many places more expensive but my question is "why"? Every person who stays in PDC gets to walk the same streets, hang on the same beaches. Don't pay a high price for nothing. Enjoy yourself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are Playa's only Trip Advisor #20 hotel & dinner restaurant! We're located 2 blocks from Playa Del Carmen's famous white, sandy beaches and just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue; full of shops & restaurants. We're a cozy boutique hotel with a lush, tropical courtyard and waterfall, 2 swimming pools, 3 sun decks and chaise lounges for sunbathing, relaxing, or canoodling. All guestrooms include inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, ceiling fans, flat screen TVs, phones and private bathrooms. We also offer rooms with balconies or verandas. Our amenities include Continental breakfast, free inroom wi/fi, free on-site parking and free beach club access. We also offer yoga class and discounted day passes to the world class gym across the street. The Mayan Bistro restaurant offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service. The Mayan Bistro also offers THE VIP, our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. THE VIP is only available through out website. Indulge in a variety of spa services perfectly at the Beauty Korper Spa located on the hotel grounds. We can coordinate your transportation, arrange tours and ensure you have a wonderful vacation in Playa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, T4B, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico